Oggies gone white

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had the same problem as me, one of my oggie knobs is going white. The bike now sits in the sun at work and the side facing the sun has gone white, i will post some pics soon.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone had the same problem as me, one of my oggie knobs is going white. The bike now sits in the sun at work and the side facing the sun has gone white, i will post some pics soon.

No! What brand are yours Jules?

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a bit strange!! Mines always out and haven't had any issues but its less than a year old.
Try and contact them maybe? I know you can get replacement peices, maybe they'll send you some free if you can convince them its their products fault :D
Otherwise might be something you are using to clean with, I've noticed some cleaning products really dislike black!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i have "Oggy Knobs"...and mine are still black as black after nearly 2 years...what do you clean them with Jules...not that i reckon it should matter...

Weird! Cant wait to find out the answer to this one!

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Water, 9 out of 10 cleans are just water,sometmes eagone car wash, and i might have hit once with degeaser just took these photos in the dark so arent the best

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They sorta look like you haave scrubbed them with a scourer, or is the discolouration smooth?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You could try polishing them. Might help. That looks a lot like the misty film an unpolished car gets when it's been parked out in the weather.:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Clean the old oxidation off with polishing compound first, then ArmorAll....:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well tried to silicon them , didnt work its like the black has gone back to white.

might be time to give the mob who make them a call, and ask them whether this is a common problem, whether there is a fix, and you never know, the might even send you a replacement....Promoto in Melbourne, here is the link to their site....

Promoto Melbourne - Frame Sliders - Axle Armour - Oggy Knobs

Have dealt with this mob before, they are pretty accomodating.