Ok, the FZ is trying to drive me crazy...

Ok, so I got tired of looking around, that Haynes manual I ordered never arrived, so I decided I should take it to a local mechanic. The bike works perfectly now. The problem?

When I installed the xenon kit, I changed the screws on the battery with ones that had the same width but were a bit longer. Unbelievable....that is what caused the problems according to the man that fixed the bike. He also said some other thing, that I was lucky the ECU (I think) wasn't toast. I'll know more on Monday when I go see him in person to pay for his services :( ...I'll post up.

Exactly how did it cause the problem? Did you drive the screw into the battery or was it the connections that didn't connect properly due to the longer bolt?:confused:

Exactly how did it cause the problem? Did you drive the screw into the battery or was it the connections that didn't connect properly due to the longer bolt?:confused:

He mentioned both when he called. I remember he said something about the screws making contact with the battery but I don't really know any details yet.

The brake light bulb is usually an integral component of the ABS system....if the bulb blows or is replaced by a non-OEM brake light (such as LED), the ABS system's MIL light will illuminate.
JOOC, are you sure that your ABS wasn't activating when your MIL light was on?
A blown brake light bulb on a car with ABS can cause all sorts of issues, like not being able to get the auto trans out of Park.

The brake light bulb is usually an integral component of the ABS system....if the bulb blows or is replaced by a non-OEM brake light (such as LED), the ABS system's MIL light will illuminate.
JOOC, are you sure that your ABS wasn't activating when your MIL light was on?
A blown brake light bulb on a car with ABS can cause all sorts of issues, like not being able to get the auto trans out of Park.

Please be more specific on this one because I have not experienced this at all with over 20 years experience with various ABS cage systems. Heck, I can go outside and pull every brake lamp bulb in the system out of the wife's cage and the ABS will be fine. That crazy Grand Cherokee my daughter owns has constant problems with the right rear tail assembly (very poor design) and the ABS has never had a single malfunction. Is there a specific system you have observed the bulb (tail) actually being tied into the ABS computer?

Back