On track with California Superbike School

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Been on track doing the California Superbike school.

Never been able to lean nor hang like that before, it think it is the time for a new bike :s At least one dedicated for the track.

Here are some pictures of the grinding that took place. Quoting my instructor "Sparks were coming from your bike, i feared something would catch fire"

Here some pictures after the shaving that took place.

Note that i started the race with a full foot pegs' feelers

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done - I can only ever dream of being able to lean that much.

When I'm riding I feel like I am leaning over so far, but when I ask "Did you see how low I got?" they just laugh at me. Guess I'm no Valentino after all!

Glad you had fun. The money for new pegs will be well spent

:rockon:

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
The track had some really nice left handers that i felt confident to lean the bike that much. It is the club circuit in the AutoDrome in Dubai.

Well, new ones i'll buy and give to the new owner "whenever" and tell him not to install them :)

Kazza, I'm started motorcycling 1 year ago, the CSS really helped my preformance to develop. Before that weekend, i never touched with my footpegs. But when i did level 3, i finished both of them, in Level 4 i learned that it is fun to do sparks, but you go actually faster by not doing sparks. Now i hang my body more out of the bike, and keep the bike straight so i can accelerate earlier / faster while still leaning.

Yet, not i want to do some kneedragging, i need either new bike, or new rear sets.
Anybody kneedragg on FZ6???

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Kneedown is possible with a 100% stock fz6, no problem.
Seeing that you wore down your peg feelers on the left, with the correct body position you should be knee scraping with no problems.

If your serious about track day's, get a rear set (valtermoto are cheap and good ) and remove side and center stand. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great job! Looks like you were really having fun! Hahaha! :rockon:

chihuahuastud

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe they let you on the track with the kick stand and center stand on the bike! I pulled the center stand off as soon as I bought my FZ, I knew it would be a problem.