Palomar Ride - Saturday, May 8

Thanks for posting up the pictures BryanDH!

I think I am doing the twisty-lean you were talking about instead of straight-off and trying to 'kiss my mirror'. I'll have to work on that.

27605d1273419098-palomar-ride-saturday-may-8-dm_04481.jpg

Thanks for posting up the pictures BryanDH!

I think I am doing the twisty-lean you were talking about instead of straight-off and trying to 'kiss my mirror'. I'll have to work on that.

27605d1273419098-palomar-ride-saturday-may-8-dm_04481.jpg

Yep, looks like you are getting twisted up trying to lean off. Try to not only turn your head into the turn, but your shoulders should be pointing in that direction as well.

Dude, that Duc is sickness!!! how old is Dave? He looked like he was in his early twenties... how in the world can a kid like that buy a Duc "Dark" and insure it?

OK it's none of my business and I a bit jealous, but damn! :D

Dude, that Duc is sickness!!! how old is Dave? He looked like he was in his early twenties... how in the world can a kid like that buy a Duc "Dark" and insure it?

Not sure how old he is, but that bike is a beast! Sounds mean as hell with the CF Leo Vince pipes he has installed. He had ~400 miles on it when we started out, so it's brand-spanking new. He's good at riding that thing, that's for sure. :thumbup:

Insurance isn't too bad in California for US citizens Frenchy... just sucks for you dude!:thumbup:

Why don't you just get your citizenship? You know you want to stay at this point, right?

David on the dark rode with us once before. I believe he had an R6? I remember he was a good rider! :rockon:

Looks like you guys had a great trip and thanks for posting up picks!

David on the dark rode with us once before. I believe he had an R6? I remember he was a good rider! :rockon:

Looks like you guys had a great trip and thanks for posting up picks!

Yup, he had the R6. He whips that 848 around those corners for sure. :rockon:

David is in his mid-late 20s. Alex, David and I used to work together. He had an R6 before, which he crashed on Palomar a few months ago. He's been riding for a few years now, and from what I heard, he took a couple years break b/c a family or friend had a really bad accident (not sure if it was fatal). He started again b/c he's got the riding bug. :rockon:

From what he was saying before he's had a few bikes before, including the R6, some Aprilia, and a couple others. He's a good guy, and definitely has the skill compared to me. Alex - do you know more about David?

~John

Insurance isn't too bad in California for US citizens Frenchy... just sucks for you dude!:thumbup:

Why don't you just get your citizenship? You know you want to stay at this point, right?

It doesn't suck as much as it used to :) I think I have enough years in the US to get the normal rate now... Maybe I`ll get the citizenship one day, but I am in no hurry...

David is in his mid-late 20s. Alex, David and I used to work together. He had an R6 before, which he crashed on Palomar a few months ago. He's been riding for a few years now, and from what I heard, he took a couple years break b/c a family or friend had a really bad accident (not sure if it was fatal). He started again b/c he's got the riding bug. :rockon:

From what he was saying before he's had a few bikes before, including the R6, some Aprilia, and a couple others. He's a good guy, and definitely has the skill compared to me. Alex - do you know more about David?

~John

Thanks John, I remember him very well as we had a lot of fun on Palomar last year when he had his R6 :D Great guy indeed, and I am sorry to hear about his crash, even though I see it turned out OK for him :rockon:

Back