Passenger pegs lowered?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody here lowered the Passenger pegs to make it easier to lay down on the bike?
Are you talking about you laying down or your passenger? Are we also talking about whilst on the move or stationary?
Seriously why would you want to put your feet on the rear pegs? There are some serious machine control issues with that.
I look forward to your rationale.
Nelly

JBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hy fellow riders!

I'm also looking for a way to lower my rear pegs. Not to lay down on my bike (I'm not so "cool or nuts" and I have a great bed!) but to increase the comfort of the passenger. My passengers always complain about their knees being to much bend. It hurts after a while.

So are there good ways to lower them?

Thanx,
JB

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The passenger foot peg brackets on the 07- (S2) are removable and I think lower(not sure). It would be easier to customise because of that.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
For the newer ones, you might could try some longer bolts and insert some spacers to get the pegs lower. However as you lower them they are going to come further out, too.

As for bikes like mine, 2005, where they are welded on... it might get a bit more complicated. But could be done sure.

-bryan

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For the newer ones, you might could try some longer bolts and insert some spacers to get the pegs lower. However as you lower them they are going to come further out, too.

As for bikes like mine, 2005, where they are welded on... it might get a bit more complicated. But could be done sure.

-bryan

I would think for either year it would be pretty easy to fab up a spacer/off-set with a simple piece of steel.

For the 04 to 06 does the foot peg bolt into the backet?

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
the bracket is fixed and there's only a pin holding the peg in place... not to much to be done without cutting and fabricating new bracket.

Oilgod1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hy fellow riders!

I'm also looking for a way to lower my rear pegs. Not to lay down on my bike (I'm not so "cool or nuts" and I have a great bed!) but to increase the comfort of the passenger. My passengers always complain about their knees being to much bend. It hurts after a while.

So are there good ways to lower them?

Thanx,
JB

My passenger complains of the same thing. The only solution I've found is this: Eurotech Motorsports Category Search

It's kind of a pain to get to pics, so I just cropped this one from their online catalog...I'm a little timid to put them on, because I'm not sure how close they'll rest to my pegs. I will let you know if I decide to go for it.

JBR

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx Oilgod,

This looks like the perfect solution. I don't think the pegs are to close to the drivers pegs...
Now I only have to find out where to by them. I live in Belgium:D

Regards,
Jan