picked up 2004 fz6 today

J

jsteinb95

Congrats, very nice!!!! & welcome to the forum.

I hope that is not your riding gear. :eyebrow: :D

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
2004 with only 213 miles?! I would make sure everything is straight and true, sounds like they might have changed the speedo out because of an accident or something. If not then you got an awesome deal on a good bike.

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, the guy bought it and figured out he didnt like riding.
inspection ran out in '05.

boogiecram

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great, I have a silver '04 and I love it. It also looks like you want it to get home safely based on how many tie down straps you are using.:)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome!

I dub thee "Deal of the Decade!!!!"

Nice bike for a STEAL!!! Congrats!!

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
What an absolute bargain! Congrats. One suggestion, change the brake fluid, engine coolant and look closely at the sidewalls of the tires for cracking. Time degrades these items regardless of use..

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Get Out! 2004 Year Model. 231 miles? (we're talking maybe 50 miles per year) And oh, I suppose that it's been "garaged" the whole time too, huh? Is it on the first tank "F-trip" (reserve if the '04 model have this designation) with the original first tank of gas? Do you have brand new rubber? Of course, you still have break-in oil since you're under 600 miles? Is anyone buying this? I suppose next you're gonna tell me you found a 1965 Ford Mustang with only original 2,150 miles. Oh yeah, don't forget to tell us that it has the new bike smell, too. I don't know about you other FZ6-Forumers, but I'm not signing off on this one.

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Get Out! 2004 Year Model. 231 miles? (we're talking maybe 50 miles per year) And oh, I suppose that it's been "garaged" the whole time too, huh? Is it on the first tank "F-trip" (reserve if the '04 model have this designation) with the original first tank of gas? Do you have brand new rubber? Of course, you still have break-in oil since you're under 600 miles? Is anyone buying this? I suppose next you're gonna tell me you found a 1965 Ford Mustang with only original 2,150 miles. Oh yeah, don't forget to tell us that it has the new bike smell, too. I don't know about you other FZ6-Forumers, but I'm not signing off on this one.

it wasn't garaged, this bike had sat outside under a cover.
dude bought it and never rode it.
tire pressure was 22psi in rear and 13 in the front.
oil, coolant and gas look fine.

ctr46

Reaction score
Visit site
what kind of exhaust do you recommend?

I have the Devil slip-on on my bike... I am very pleased with it (DAMN it's loud...)

But if I was to get a new one I would probably go for the LeoVince Evo2 or what it's called... I saw on SBN that the Evo2 gave the FZ the most power and was the best overall exhaust.

For example fitting it with a Givi kit will be no problem (my Devils made me have to modify the Givi brackets to make it fit).

I would definitely get a new exhaust purely because of the improved riding feel of the better sound (and marginal power gain...), oh yeah and it weighs a lot less than stock... nice bike btw! I also have an 04 (98hp) edition in galaxy blue and love it! :)

O

Officerjive

I got my 2005 last year from a family who decided they would rather have their son driving a new truck than a bike, and I scored it for $3900 , with just over 4K miles. Some people are just suckers, they don't know how nice these bikes are.

Plus, mine is blue, so that makes it worth more.