Producing Parts!

Thank you Nelly! :)

I will have to look more into block-off plates they would be best off milled and I do not have the machine at my exposure. Plates to raise the footrests on the other hand I know I can make without a problem. As matter of fact I need them myself :D I planted my foot peg into the ground way too many times last week wasnt lucky one, resulted in me sweeping the local roads. :(
Well I'm glad your ok after your recent pavement brush.
I am clueless about engineering lol.
Keep me posted on the foot peg plates, I am defo interested.

Nelly

Well I'm glad your ok after your recent pavement brush.
I am clueless about engineering lol.
Keep me posted on the foot peg plates, I am defo interested.

Nelly

Thank you Nelly, nothing but some road rash. I'll keep you posted.

I would have to see how everything sits so I know where and how the bracket has to be bent/routed. What about stock mouting location with 2 Hex bolts?

Wait for the pics.. there's nowhere to attach the bracket to besides that one little place on the upper crown.

UPDATE: Meeting LeaN69 tomorrow with my speedo bracket. He's going to take measurements for the prototype! :D

Quite excited about this myself ;)

How much interest is there really for this product?

Quite excited about this myself ;)

How much interest is there really for this product?

Probably not a HUGE market for it, but once the part is perfected and we spread the word.. I figure some of the forum members who made their own brackets will be interested, if the price is right.. and those who will want to convert to streetfighter will definitely be interested.. just need to make it a sticky in streetfighter forum.

UPDATE: Meeting LeaN69 tomorrow with my speedo bracket. He's going to take measurements for the prototype! :D

speedo_bracket.jpg

Awesome news. Cant wait to see the 1st draft.

Could the gauge sit a tiny bit closer to the ignition? Would that block the speedo view too much? It would be ideal if I could fit this behind the buell fairing.

Could the gauge sit a tiny bit closer to the ignition? Would that block the speedo view too much? It would be ideal if I could fit this behind the buell fairing.

Absolutely should be able to move it closer inboard. I set mine up so it'd perfectly alight with dual dominator lights, but it'll still look good if it's closer in:

img0073ac.jpg

After we get the prototype done, well see how everything fits and sits, and we can always go from there and make udjustments. :thumbup:

Looks like theres a safe 3/4" distance that it could be moved, also the shorter, the more stable it will be.

Tomorrow I will meet Erci and take measurements of him bracket, the plan is to build it in SolidWorks the next day. Once thats done I will post up the solid model so you guys could get a visual idea of whats to come.

-Russ

Started working on the bracket, just have to finish it up real quick, not much left to it.

What do you guys thing? PDF attached.

Looks really nice.
With the adjustment it's better.
But is there enough space for adjustment free play i don't know.

Looks really nice.
With the adjustment it's better.
But is there enough space for adjustment free play i don't know.

There is another piece thats not shown here, that piece will mount to the bike itself, and then this mount shown will be bolted up to that. The slots allow 1.5" of travel front to back.

added slots for speedo distance adjustments. ;)

Almost perfect. You need to reduce the with.. the outside holes for mounting speedometer.. can't leave so much material there if you want the speedo cover from naked FZ6/FZ1 to fit. Take a look at my bracket again. You want just enough material around those holes.. nothing extra. Otherwise perfect!

hey im just wondering if you can make a radiator cover like this for an 05' fz??
FS-BeowulfRadiatorCoverFZ604-05.jpg

thanks for your help!!:thumbup:

Almost perfect. You need to reduce the with.. the outside holes for mounting speedometer.. can't leave so much material there if you want the speedo cover from naked FZ6/FZ1 to fit. Take a look at my bracket again. You want just enough material around those holes.. nothing extra. Otherwise perfect!

I see, I can trim it down to just the 3 mounting holes without the 2 clearance ones.

hey im just wondering if you can make a radiator cover like this for an 05' fz??
FS-BeowulfRadiatorCoverFZ604-05.jpg

thanks for your help!!:thumbup:

Sure can, its very simple, I can punch them all day on NC if you want the FZ6 cut out on it, it has to be Lasered out. Laser costs me more to run then NC.

Are the Radiator side plates (with 2 screws) differ from first generation to S2? If not it should fit all years, no?

Sure can, its very simple, I can punch them all day on NC if you want the FZ6 cut out on it, it has to be Lasered out. Laser costs me more to run then NC.

Are the Radiator side plates (with 2 screws) differ from first generation to S2? If not it should fit all years, no?

I don't care for the fz6 cut out I just care bout the protection I caught a couple dents already in my radiator cuz of small rocks :spank:

I have no idea about the sizes or the differences between the radiator/guards I was hoping some of the fellas on the forum to help out to answer this question!!

Anybody know???????

Back