Rain Gloves

What kind of gloves do you use in the rain?

• Separate pair of gloves just for rain

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Rain covers over gloves

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Ride rain or shine in the same gloves

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Rain? What is that??

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
So what does everyone here use in the rain? Do you have a separate pair of gloves for rain, have rain covers, or don't even worry about it and ride with your normal gloves?

I just bought some Held Phantoms and after what I spent on them, I'm basically dreading the thought of riding in the rain with them. So I want to know what everyone else does in the rain.

Last edited:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
My summer (halvarssons highway) and autumn/winter gloves (spada enforcer) were both waterproof, well for about 3-4hours of solid rain riding, but after a few years they tend to soak in the water, they need to be NikWax'd to keep them going.

Might look into getting a new pair for the summer, if you can Gore-Tex ones are the best.

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't rush out in the rain but I do get caught alot in it!! SO i don't stop I ride right through it with the same gear...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do have a separate inexpensive pair of rain gloves (Joe Rocket Ballistic). They're good in the rain, BUT.. if I'm wearing regular gloves and my hands get wet, I find it nearly impossible to put JR gloves on at that point! The internal material just won't let my hands slide in if they're anything, but perfectly dry :rolleyes:

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
Gore-tex is your friend !

They cost more but then you don't have to worry about it anymore, or worse, stop mid-ride to fiddle with god knows what

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a pair of Belstaff rain mittens over my regular gloves. I've had them for years and they never leak.

I've had other gloves with a rubber "rain blade" on the index finger that worked well for keeping the shield clear and I've used the rubber "rain blade" that slips over the gloved index finger and that worked well also. I think Metzler made it.

BTW, the Held's are a good choice. I have a couple of pairs of those as well. They've survived multiple high speed (track) crashes without coming apart!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap. Aerostich doesn't make these anymore:

442_2ha_b_orange.jpg

I have a pair, I call them my "SleeStax" gloves. They work okay, but the best part was anytime I'd pass a car (or vice-versa) in the rain a little kid in the back seat would stare at me, wide-eyed, and I'd wave to 'em with my "three fingers"; they'd almost always get a shocked look and start crying to their parents.
Great Fun!

:BLAA:

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some thick latex / rubber style over glove that is very large and fits over both my summer and my winter gloves to which i have 2 pairs of each of them. I know its confusing have so many gloves but they work amazing, when i brought them to test them out i put my hand in a bucket of water. Not a drop of water

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some thick latex / rubber style over glove that is very large and fits over both my summer and my winter gloves to which i have 2 pairs of each of them. I know its confusing have so many gloves but they work amazing, when i brought them to test them out i put my hand in a bucket of water. Not a drop of water

I've seen gloves like these online. Do you use something similar?

Firstgear_Rubber_Overglove_Black_detail.jpg

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site

Spot on they are the type i use, my normal riding gloves are classed as waterproof but in driving rain they can get wet inside but with those on, i could sit in the rain all day and not get a drip of water in, they are just a little more slippy on the bars but once you used to that they are awesome

CavDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of A* GoreTex gloves that stay dry, but I can't recommend the double-gauntlet-style glove unless you try them on with the jacket you'd be wearing them with - they can be a PITA to put on properly.

I keep a pair of FieldSheer overgloves in my tank bag for when I get "caught out" along with and FieldSheer 2-piece oversuit (can't recommend the suit either - not bad, but the legs are too short).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought some Held Phantoms and after what I spent on them, I'm basically dreading the thought of riding in the rain with them. So I want to know what everyone else does in the rain.

Another reason why I like the Motoport Kevlar Racing Gloves, doesn't matter if they get wet, it doesn't hurt it. Heck you can throw it in the washing machine as many times as you like if it gets smelly from your sweat. But the gloves will not keep you dry, but the point is if you're caught in the wet weather, nothing will happen to the gloves unlike leather.

I have a pair of Motorport Winter Riding Glove used for the colder climate, they are lined with Gortex to keep me dry in the event that I know I will be riding in rain or when the temperture is cold. They are misleading, I would call them an intermediate glove, not a winter glove but waterproof.

My First Gear Heated Gloves kept me dry during the cold rain too, but I don't think they are Gortex.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the revit Zenith H2O glove

REVIT_Zenith_H2O_Gloves__zoom.jpg

It's got a breathable membrane (Hydratex) which keeps your hands dry and lets perspiration through.

It works great, keeps my hands dry and sweat free :thumbup:I do have a small issue of the liner which has started smelling after several years, I can gently wash it with mild detergent which helps for a while.

I also use a perforated glove for the dry summer days (of which we don't have many), and a "freezer" goretex lined leather glove from Held (but this is only for the real winter days).

I really couldn't wear full on rubberized gloves as my hands sweat really easy :eek:

brucey

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the rain and cold weather I like my Icon patrol gloves.
They breathe so my hands stay dry and warm.
One thing to keep in mind is they fit small. I usually wear a large size in gloves, but I wear an XL size in these gloves.

Where I live it's snowing right now:(

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site

I used to use a full arm length version of these gloves to push several hundred degree grill-plates into a decarboniser (a 90 degrees C bath of the most toxic chemicals around) when I worked in a kitchen. I can fully endorse them as waterproof and heatproof as I still have meat on my hands.