Rebuild Kits

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The ad looks good...

IME, the OEM seals last 4 years plus depending on conditions.

I would stick with Genuine Yamaha seals but order from Partzilla (or other) as they are MUCH cheaper, ($ wise)
than a dealership and they are OEM, no worries about longevity, etc...

You don't need new bleeder screws(unless your having an issue -not likely).

The last thing I want is my brakes completely apart to find the seals don't fit...(not likely but...)

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes used this brand to rebuilt both front and back brake calipers last year. It's been good so far and the kit comes with everything you need.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Saving money on brake parts..... now THERE'S a good idea! Remember, you activate the brakes with your hands, but they ultimately protect your A$$!!!! As Scott said, the typical replacement interval is 4 years, so take the savings and divide by 4, That is the annual savings you are getting to increase your motorcycling risk.

Just did mine with OEM's, so practice what I preach.

Good luck!

gtosteve65

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not against the OEM at all. I actually always buy OEM, but saw these pop up and though hell they might work. The brakes feel great and the fluid is clean so I was just doing a bit of research. I know Yamaha said to replace them every 2 years or something like that. My FZ6 is a 2 owner bike, me and the guy before me. He never touched them and I have had the bike for 2 years. So its going on the original seals from 2008.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not against the OEM at all. I actually always buy OEM, but saw these pop up and though hell they might work. The brakes feel great and the fluid is clean so I was just doing a bit of research. I know Yamaha said to replace them every 2 years or something like that. My FZ6 is a 2 owner bike, me and the guy before me. He never touched them and I have had the bike for 2 years. So its going on the original seals from 2008.

With the new seals, you'll feel/see the ft wheel spin with much less drag. My seals are about 3 years old since replacement.

I can still get over 4 FULL ROTATIONS (by hand as hard as can spin the tire-jacked up of course)..

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a possibility that they are in fact repackaged Yamaha parts in the bag. The auto world is known for single source suppliers where component are repackaged using oem components. Likely no way to know though but over the years I've seen it happen pretty often its cheaper to buy the part and repack vs reverse engineer some items.

Extending the life of these parts is a product of keeping it it clean inside and out (fresh fluid yearly ect). A horse hair paint brush is effective on the outside.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a possibility that they are in fact repackaged Yamaha parts in the bag. The auto world is known for single source suppliers where component are repackaged using oem components. Likely no way to know though but over the years I've seen it happen pretty often its cheaper to buy the part and repack vs reverse engineer some items.

Extending the life of these parts is a product of keeping it it clean inside and out (fresh fluid yearly ect). A horse hair paint brush is effective on the outside.

Blowing air (compressor) where the pad's meet the rotor regularly blows out tons of brake dust that, (especially in the rain) likes to stick.

gtosteve65

Reaction score
Visit site

That's exactly what I have learned from the automotive industry over the past few years and exactly why I wanted to know if anyone has used these guys before. Brand name price hike could be occurring here.