Renthal road bars

Cochiez

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about installing a pair of low or medium bars. Anybody with any experience on them? Please tell me about comfort, seating position, vibrations, etc. I'm 6'3 - any notes from guys with a similar build would be appreciated. Thanks.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'10" and I run Renthal Ultra Low bar on mine. It's a bit lower than stock and is much straighter than stock. I find it infinitely more comfortable.
Vibration will be quite bad unless you find a way to mount heavy bar ends on it (which is what I did.. search mods forum and you'll find my setup).

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'1'' and have the low rise on mine. They are just a little lower than stock but took a lot of pressure off my wrists just from being wider and didn't have the odd rearward bend the stock bars have. I got more vibrations from mine but that could just be from the lighter bar ends I put on at the same time. I though they are more comfortable being wider and don't have the odd rearward bend the stock bars have.

Last edited:

Cochiez

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok - ran into two problems. First, I'm an undecisive bastard. Second,I'm a lazy bastard. . . .

I can't decide which bar height I want to run and I don't have the patience to buy two bars and fit them both with bar ends.

To be honest, the primary thing I dislike about the stock bar is not the height, but the sweep. It puts my arms at a funny twist that, in turn, puts my bad right shoulder in an uncomfortable position.

Since virtually every bar on the planet has a better sweep angle than the stock FZ6 bar, I've decided to start with a cheap fix. I ordered the FZ1 bar from boats.net.

The downside to this decision is that I don't like the look nearly as much as the Renthal or Pro Taper supermoto/street fighter types.

The advantages are:
1 - I know I'll have a bar with a comfortable angle,
2 - I can install or remove a riser kit in less than five minutes depending on my mood or the riding style I feel like going with,
3 - not having to mess with fitting new bar ends,

I'm still not certain that the FZ1 bar was the way to go. :confused: I suppose time will tell. The good thing is that because it's so cheap it really doesn't matter if I don't like it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very good and easy choice. It doesn't look bad at all and will be much more comfortable.
Sweep is the reason I changed the bar as well.

Cochiez

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed the FZ1 bar tonight. I like the ergonomics. Unfortunately, the hole in the bar that lines up the throttle assembly does not line up with where it should be on an FZ6. This means drilling a new hole - that I don't mind. What sucks is that now I'm left with the original hole staring me in the face.

Thoughts?

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i didnt drill a new hole, just grinded the little nipple off the throttle stay. It tightens down enough that it wont move, but if you fear it moving, ive seen people use skateboard tape there, or any kind of non slip material to keep the stay from twisting when you twist the throttle :)