Running without Cat

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
Does anyone here run without the cat but with the stock exhaust? Were can I find a cat eliminator? Also if I were to get an aftermarket exhaust would there be enough back pressure?:Sport:
Thanks guys/ Girls appreciate any help.
:Sport:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don;t foresee any issues with running the cat elim pipe, and i think akroprovic sells them seperately from the exhaust, be sure to double check that it will mate with the stock exhaust as i am sure that they were designed to hook with the akroprovic rear section. I know some people gut the cat with the stock exhaust so should work if you choose to get the pipe to do it.

Trouble

Reaction score
Visit site
I ran with the Arrow cat eliminator pipe last fall. It worked fine. I noticed a huge improvement in power this spring when I added a Scorpion exhaust and a PCIII. The bike will backfire (fairly lightly) under rapid release of the throttle. I presume this is due to the lack of back pressure. I've been told this isn't harmful and it sounds great, so I'm not inclined to do anything about it but enjoy it.

gbbisi

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm running without a cat, stock exhaust. Don't waste your money on a PC3. Doesn't work right, too rich, been there donr that!

It will pop and bang when it's hot, i've accepted the fact that the bike is just going to make these noises

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
i'm running without a cat, stock exhaust. Don't waste your money on a PC3. Doesn't work right, too rich, been there donr that!

It will pop and bang when it's hot, i've accepted the fact that the bike is just going to make these noises

Is the pc3 a cat eliminator are you saying dont do it?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site

were you running a base map? or did you have it properly tuned? I have known guys who can tune without it, but never heard anyone say it was a waste of money.