San Diego riders

lowell

Nothing in moderation.
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a little odd but here goes. I'm shopping for an FZ6...but I've never driven one, or even ridden on one. I've sat on them at dealerships. I like the look and feel. I like the posture. I've done tons of research on the internet. I'm pretty confident that it's the bike I want...but never having ridden one, that's a bit of leap. I was wondering if any of the San Diego riders live down in the south bay area? If so, would anyone possibly be willing to take me for a short spin? As passenger of course. I wouldn't expect anyone to turnover the handle bars. Just a thought. If that's too odd or inconvenient, I understand. I'm in Chula Vista near Center St and Hilltop Dr.

Thanks,
Lowell

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
What have you been riding?? I'd let you ride mine but I sold it, I can tell you that you won't go wrong with an FZ6 as it is one of the most fun bikes I ever owned and just a lot of fun to ride anywhere and everywhere.
I just sold mine cause I'm a bike wh*** and about every 2 years get the itch to try something different.
You might look for some privet party sales, if you have cash in hand and a motorcycle endorsement you can usually take the bike for a test ride, that should let you know if it is what you are after.

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can tell you the FZ6 is an awesome bike. Take it to the track, take it touring, use it as a commuter. It's the Swiss army knife of bikes. It's motor really lights up at around 8k RPM and you will think someone hot rodded the motor.

Most dealers will let you test ride it if you're serious about purchasing.
I don't think you'll get the idea by riding pillion anyway.

lowell

Nothing in moderation.
Reaction score
Visit site
What have you been riding?? I'd let you ride mine but I sold it, I can tell you that you won't go wrong with an FZ6 as it is one of the most fun bikes I ever owned and just a lot of fun to ride anywhere and everywhere.
I just sold mine cause I'm a bike wh*** and about every 2 years get the itch to try something different.
You might look for some privet party sales, if you have cash in hand and a motorcycle endorsement you can usually take the bike for a test ride, that should let you know if it is what you are after.

Jerry

My first bike was an early 80's Kawasaki GPZ-550. I drove it around NYC for a while then put it on a ship and picked it up in England. I toured all around Europe for the summer. I've traveled all around the world. Hands down that's the best trip I've ever taken. Then I got 1972 Honda CB360T. Not a rocket by any means but a great little around town bike. I've been without a bike for almost 10 years now. It's time.

I was just hoping that my first, and only, ride would not be a test drive for a potential purchase.

Lowell

lowell

Nothing in moderation.
Reaction score
Visit site
I can tell you the FZ6 is an awesome bike. Take it to the track, take it touring, use it as a commuter. It's the Swiss army knife of bikes. It's motor really lights up at around 8k RPM and you will think someone hot rodded the motor.

Most dealers will let you test ride it if you're serious about purchasing.
I don't think you'll get the idea by riding pillion anyway.

I don't expect to purchase from a dealer. The prices are too high. And I don't feel right taking a test drive when I have not intention to purchase.

Lowell

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I don't expect to purchase from a dealer. The prices are too high. And I don't feel right taking a test drive when I have not intention to purchase.

Lowell

I think you should at least go to a dealer and sit on an FZ6 just to find out if the ergonomics are right for you. Then find a decent deal on a used one and go for it, I think if the bike fits then you will be more than happy with it.
Just my $.02 worth:D

Jerry

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Im not near Chula Vista but you can ride mine if you want :). I dont care, just dont crash it and pay for it if you do. Wait have you ridden before???

lowell

Nothing in moderation.
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not near Chula Vista but you can ride mine if you want :). I dont care, just dont crash it and pay for it if you do. Wait have you ridden before???

Chomorrro,
Yes, I've ridden. That's a nice offer. Thanks. I'll shoot you a PM and we can coordinate a time/place to meet up once this storm passes through.

Thanks,
Lowell

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Chomorrro,
Yes, I've ridden. That's a nice offer. Thanks. I'll shoot you a PM and we can coordinate a time/place to meet up once this storm passes through.

Thanks,
Lowell

Well unfortunately i just threw on FZ1 handle bars today before the rain hit. So in terms of ergos and feel it wont be close to what you would buy :(

lowell

Nothing in moderation.
Reaction score
Visit site
Well unfortunately i just threw on FZ1 handle bars today before the rain hit. So in terms of ergos and feel it wont be close to what you would buy :(

It's all good. I appreciate the gesture. Looking forward to riding with you guys soon.

Lowell

lowell

Nothing in moderation.
Reaction score
Visit site
crazydmc,
I see your bike on CL everyday. It looks pristine. It's obviously been well cared for. However, I am hoping to get a bike with lower mileage....and for less than you're asking. Time will tell if I'm being overly ambitious. I'm not in a hurry. Hopefully the right deal will come along. Good luck selling yours. I imagine if you're patient, you'll find the right buyer.

Nice job on the photos by the way. They are far better than most.

Lowell

Buy mine... up in Oceanside.

if you have a license you can ride it.

2007 Blue FZ6 for Sale