Selling the fz6 need some advise

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
as much fun as the bike is I have purchased a zx12 with low KM so time to sell the fz6 .mechanically its in top shape with some scratches on the tank and body. i have bought it with 2000km and now it sits at 59 000 km. I bought it crashed so it does not have a clean title . I've priced it at 3500$(canadian)
. my question to everyone is do you think its a good asking price?
I have carbon leovince, pc3, kn filter, topsellerie seat , dual HIDs, fender eliminator, led signals.. there are a lot more mods on the bike and off the bike.
it also has recent tires and chain on it .
would it be better to part it out on the forum and sell with the original parts ? fz6s with low mileage go for about 4000$ (all stock) here.
thanks a lot!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking that might be a bit steep - 59k km isn't a spring chicken, and the 06 model year doesn't usually bring as much as the 07's (brake upgrades, slight body upgrades etc) - my main problem is that without a clean title and with signs of cosmetic damage, especially to the tank, most buyers would run away. Maybe I'm more skittish than most when it comes to buying a bike, but the second I hear that the title isn't clean (unless it's a really good price) I'll go running.

As always, you'll probably get more selling the aftermarket parts here and reverting to stock, though since I'm guessing most of them were put on to replace broken items, that may not be an option for you.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Missed that part about the title.... You would probably be better off selling the aftermarket parts separate.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Exhausts and seats don't last very long on the forum. I would like to see or hear more about the HID's in the event you are going to part out the bike.

FZ6Seb

Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is kinda expensive.

I bought my 2005 FZ6 with 25k km for 4000$ (CDN) last year.
It's stock and in very good condition.

I don't think the upgrades add much value to a bike on the used market.
I would rather buy a standard bike and add mods myself.

Considering yours doesn't have a clean title I think you should lower your price or install the original parts back on and sell the parts on a forum.

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
I know when I was looking for a bike and I seen a "salvaged" title, I'd walk away, especially if the price was that high.

Just my thoughts though. :rolleyes: