She's got new eyes

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
So after one shtty kit that I had to send back and lots of modding, I finally have my new projectors installed. The kit is the Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini Stage 3 D2S with Apollo shrouds. They required a lot of cutting but the outcome was much better than the previous kit I tried. I cut down and painted the stock reflectors rather than make a mounting plate out of sheet metal. I also had to cut up the shrouds to make them fit inside the headlight. I'm pretty happy with how the shrouds came out, but I'm being a little anal and I can see some of the cut edges so I may buy another set of shrouds and redo them. I used flexible blue LED strips from Oznium.com to make halos. I wired them to a remote control module that controls the brightness, steady on, "breathing", and strobe. I used a relay to turn them off when the ignition is off.

Awesome lights! Really improves night time visibility! I can see better and more importantly I feel like I can be seen better. I highly recommend this mod to everyone!

Last edited:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
That is just beautiful!:jawdrop::drool:

If I thought I had the skill to do that myself I would, but I would screw it up in so many ways.

Thanks for posting!:rockon:

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's more pictures of the process.... If anyone has any questions about what I did or how I did it feel free to ask! This was my first time with this kind of mod and my first time using a Dremel! I found out I can work that thing like a paint brush! :thumbup:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about doing this exact mod, with that kit pretty much exactly. I'm sure I could figure it out, but any write up you have would be awesome.

I love the way your angel eyes work also. The Retrofit Store recommended this kit for our bikes: Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc. Just wondering why you didn't use that one? Sounds like it might fit better. I'm completely brand new to HID and projectors tho.

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about doing this exact mod, with that kit pretty much exactly. I'm sure I could figure it out, but any write up you have would be awesome.

I love the way your angel eyes work also. The Retrofit Store recommended this kit for our bikes: Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc. Just wondering why you didn't use that one? Sounds like it might fit better. I'm completely brand new to HID and projectors tho.

haha... Yeah. I researched this to death and still missed the fact that the H1 kit was smaller. I didn't realize until I got them in the mail and saw a post that someone had used the H1 kit and it fit without a lot of modding. But I was already prepared to do some work and my bike had been sitting there for a few weeks already waiting for a new kit. So I ran with it. I like that they fill the headlight though. I'll try to write something up this weekend. I'm kicking myself for not taking more pictures of the process.... I got distracted :spank:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Every time I see this mod I want tot do it...

They look great! :BLAA: