Shoop's New Ride

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
2020 MT-09 with absolutely no mods. And it's BLUE!!!

My FZ6 now belongs to a neighbor who promised that he'll take care of her. I'll be watching him.

It's a seller's market. MT-09's are rare and disappear quickly. The seller managed to look happy for this pic. And he should because he got to ride the bike for a year (1850 miles - that's all, really) and then didn't lose his shirt in resale. The purchase was in Dayton OH. I need to find a better way to buy a new-to-me bike without driving 3 or more hours with that bike in my rearview mirror.

I've added a frame slider package (all the spots) and a Puig windscreen is in the mail.

Next will be heavier springs, though it's not too bad with the presets and dampers tuned most of the way up. I'll probably get an ECU tune from Ivan's, though the MT has far less throttle snatch than my FZ did. The other thing I want from a tune is to lose the excessive decel that happens as soon as you go off throttle.

Next trip, Monday, Aug 9 is to PIRC to take a ChampDay with the Yamaha Champions Race School where I'm expecting to get better at trailbraking. And probably wear the rear down to the edges.

Chris

1628184505952.png

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations Chris! Great looking bike with great performance.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Having just made a similar move from the Fz6 to the MT/XSR platform, I know you are going to love this ride. BIG congratulations!
Interesting after my initial 3-4 weeks on the "B" throttle response setting which was so grunty after the FZ6, I went to "Standard" mode and now I am getting comfortable with the quick response. I can see why this platform has garnered so much admiration. The only downside I have encountered on the XSR is the tank is only 14 litres and the fuel guage is less informative than the FZ ( small issue really).