Show us your FZ6 in Touring mode!

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
10-days trip around in the Alps, Germany-Austria-Italy-France, 3500km.
Kriega US-30 + 2x US-20, sw-motech tank bag and 10$ dry bag from louis for a tent and food.

KA5gaK1.jpg

PGJ7LiB.jpg

6yTErI5.jpg
what rack are you running? Also, what engine guard is that?

tim3k

Reaction score
Visit site
Genuine Yamaha engine guard and genuine top case holder. I don't have a top case so it just supports my bags

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
10-days trip around in the Alps, Germany-Austria-Italy-France, 3500km.
Kriega US-30 + 2x US-20, sw-motech tank bag and 10$ dry bag from louis for a tent and food.

KA5gaK1.jpg

PGJ7LiB.jpg

6yTErI5.jpg

Also, are those bags waterproof? Nice looking set up.

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
Kriega gear is 100% waterproof and guaranteed to be. They also carry a 10 year warranty.

I own (almost) every single piece Kriega offers (save for their truly awesome backpacks).

Hell, I own doubles of some of their stuff and it' still sitting in the package it came in.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kriega gear is 100% waterproof and guaranteed to be. They also carry a 10 year warranty.

I own (almost) every single piece Kriega offers (save for their truly awesome backpacks).

Hell, I own doubles of some of their stuff and it' still sitting in the package it came in.

Did you need the rack to mount those or what? I have the Nelson Rigg Survivor Dry bag and the thing is incredible except it's a little tricky to mount on the FZ with just the SW-Motec mounts I have.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's mine ready for last November's Republic of Texas 1000. Moving up/on to an FJR soon so if you're interested PM me.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
There she is on the way home from our first weekend rally:

arege2e2.jpg

The bike did really well fully loaded and two up. It really is a great a piece of kit. You can't see it very well but there's a tank bag on there two.

Last edited:

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
No good pics yet, but I am taking a two day camping trip at the end of the month so I should have some then.

Not sure if I'm making my bike a better touring FZ or screwing it up with added crap, but here is what I've done so far.

Progressive front springs, 17t front sprocket (changed when I put new DID 530chain and rear sprocket on), Iphone weatherproof handlebar mount and charger, 12v power outlet that plugs into battery tender connector (to run air pump, charge Galaxy tablet, etc.), brake light modulator, adjustable brake/clutch levers, universal hand guards, heated grips and wired for heated vest, grip puppies, 1.25 up and 1.25 back bar risers, Air Hawk seat cushion, Shad top case mount, very large Ebay top case (holds two full face helmets), soft saddle bags and a large tank bag.

Just ordered two operators manual storage tubes and will be mounting them somewhere near the top case.... Why? To hold two MSR fuel canisters as an emergency fuel source just in case.

On the list is a very loud horn and a Garmin GPS (so I don't have to use my Iphone to navigate). Oh, and some decent touring tires.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6N has a Ventura rack and bagster tank cover with tank bag with an airhawk seat cover.
The FZ6R has a basic tail bag
The MT09 (fz09) has a Ventura bag and an airhawk seat cover.
We are all set up with scala G9 intercoms and shark evoline helmets.

6y5usuda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am prepping my bike for camping. I will basically be living from the bike for 6 weeks starting in mid June. Yesterday I finished installing the Shad hard cases.

vtT2JkL.jpg

Next weekend I will be taking her for a test camping trip to see what I really use/don't use before I leave for the real trip. But the cases are so large it is looking like everything may actually fit in them. If not I have a tail bag I can throw on as well.

As for the planned trip. I am riding from Maryland to Maine, spending 2 weeks visiting friends and family around New England. Then one of my friends from Maine is spending 3 weeks traveling the eastern US with me, ending back in Maine 3 weeks later. Lastly about a week to see things that we missed during our trip and meander back to Maryland in time for my brother's wedding on August 1st.

I will update after I have finalized the load out.

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I am prepping my bike for camping. I will basically be living from the bike for 6 weeks starting in mid June. Yesterday I finished installing the Shad hard cases.

vtT2JkL.jpg

Next weekend I will be taking her for a test camping trip to see what I really use/don't use before I leave for the real trip. But the cases are so large it is looking like everything may actually fit in them. If not I have a tail bag I can throw on as well.

As for the planned trip. I am riding from Maryland to Maine, spending 2 weeks visiting friends and family around New England. Then one of my friends from Maine is spending 3 weeks traveling the eastern US with me, ending back in Maine 3 weeks later. Lastly about a week to see things that we missed during our trip and meander back to Maryland in time for my brother's wedding on August 1st.

I will update after I have finalized the load out.

Be sure to weigh your gear once you have it all sorted and loaded. Those cases are so large you could be close to maxing out your capacity and changing your bike's ability to respond if too heavy. Your total should be about 419 (not sure about that exactly, check manual). I'm pretty envious though! That sounds like a fantastic trip! If you were coming through Southern Indiana I'd treat you to some BBQ :D

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be sure to weigh your gear

Always.

Those cases are so large you could be close to maxing out your capacity and changing your bike's ability to respond if too heavy.

A very interesting point. I knew that I should be loading them with equal weight and putting the heaviest items towards the bottom. Taking it for a little test ride first though is a great idea.

If you were coming through Southern Indiana I'd treat you to some BBQ :D

One of our discussed routes did have us in Indiana. Basically depending on what we feel like doing once we reach the southern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. East for the coast, or west for Mammoth Cave and some cool roads in Tennessee and Kentucky. If we end up in Indiana I will let you know!

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Are those panniers hard or soft?

They are soft panniers. They are Nelson Rigg CL-855

Nice ride! How you like the Madstad windscreen?

Here's my bike as of today, fresh from Hattiesburg MI.

A

A

I can't ever seem to get the pics to load, so here are the direct links:

touring mode - screwed up ring
touring mode - screwed up ring

The Madstad screen is great when you get it where you want it, but a pain in the rear to adjust. You need to remove the screen from the brackets and then slacked off the nuts and bolts to properly adjust it.

The electric screen on my new (to me) FJR is soooo much easier to adjust :rockon::rockon: