Show us your FZ6 in Touring mode!

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are soft panniers. They are Nelson Rigg CL-855

The Madstad screen is great when you get it where you want it, but a pain in the rear to adjust. You need to remove the screen from the brackets and then slacked off the nuts and bolts to properly adjust it.

The electric screen on my new (to me) FJR is soooo much easier to adjust :rockon::rockon:

You should probably sell your old Madstad screen to a certain bear then. ;) Those FJRs certainly do look impressive...Talked to a guy with a new one and they more or less seem like FZ13's with touring gear to me. (That's a good thing!)

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got a photo of my bike the way I had it set up when I left for my overnight yesterday.

OIlHWVR.jpg

Shad SH43 side cases
Shad SH40 top case
MotoCentric Mototrek Roll Tail Bag
Dowco Fastrax Elite Tank Bag
AirHawk2 Seat pad

This is a camping setup and I was able to carry all of the camping gear. During my big trip alot of the stuff will be split up between myself and my buddy who is coming with me. For example my top case was just carrying food and my sleeping pad, nothing else. I also had full cooking gear/utensils for 2 people and all of the cloths and other supplies for a 6 week trip (which is what I was practicing for).

http://www.600riders.com/forum/touring-and-traveling/53073-shenandoah-national-park-overnight.html

That is the thread I wrote where I go into more detail about the trip.

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my luggage new luggage in time for summer adventures (big upgrade from my old stuff). It's my first time dealing with saddle bags, but (after tinkering with strap placement) I everything seems really secure. My old tailbag didn't really allow me to wear a backpack, I'll find out soon if this one will.