So......crashed again.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have seriously lost count. I think that one was number 9? Who even knows anymore. Haha

Repairing bike now about to head to the garage. Damage is minor and I have two back to back trackdays this weekend so I'm sure I'll crash again in the very near future haha.

Sorry no video go-pro wasn't working. :(

Dragged my knee for the first time and spooked myself when it made contact. Lifted knee and bike a smidgeon but it was right at the apex so I overshot the apex and when I tried to throw the bike back down I was coming off the throttle trying to slow down engine-braking and lost the rear.

Definitely a noob move I guess haha.

But before it happened I had the quickest pace I have ever run before. I was hitting all the right lines and very smooth and comfortable. For the first time I actually felt like maybe I'd be able to hold my own on a novice race grid. Ripping on the throttle after coming out of a corner you just nailed perfectly is such a great feeling. Especially when you stopped being such a chicken and tried to hit it at a speed much higher than you ever have before.

God.....what a rush.

Seriously people. Get out to the racetrack. This is more addictive than heroin-stuffed crack balls.

This was taken straightening out for the main straight. I crashed literally 15 seconds after this was taken haha.

strato.jpg

Anyway....

/spam

:D

Last edited:

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear that you're OK! A bike can easily be fixed! Heroine stuffed crack balls are part of any nutritious breakfast! :cheer:

I've been around Road America on my brothers Ducati 996 and its incredible!!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you! You got those endolphins firing! :rolleyes: And you're Okay and ready to ride again. Big props! :rockon:

Also, This last weekend Kenny showed us where you got your flat tire last year. We all stopped and payed homage.

Last edited:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
must be the week to lay down the bike, wish my story was more fun, like yours. I will be fixing my bike as well. I might wait till i get back from deplyment and ride as is for now. If you have any advice for somebody going naked shoot me a pm. Glad you are alright, have fun on the track.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You dragged your knee. Congrats :cheer:
You dropped it :(

Glad you're ok Lone. Next time dont freak yourself out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude you suck...;)

Oh believe me, I know.

:BLAA:

at first i thought it was your GS and i was like: "oh sh_t!"
now, i'm like: "oh nevermind, it was his zombie bike that can never die"

Haha the thing is bloody bullet proof. I love how much abuse she's taken. There is so much damage to the engine casings it looks like it's been ridden through an artillery barrage.

Good for you! You got those endolphins firing! :rolleyes: And you're Okay and ready to ride again. Big props! :rockon:

Also, This last weekend Kenny showed us where you got your flat tire last year. We all stopped and payed homage.

Haha awesome! That's so cool. God I wish I could be out there so badly you have no idea.

I might sell my naked conversion kit and try to use the money to help me do another big ride this year but would have to live like a hobo. I refuse to let this season pass without one amazing ride. Just so bloody poor right now.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I have seriously lost count. I think that one was number 9? Who even knows anymore. Haha

Repairing bike now about to head to the garage. Damage is minor and I have two back to back trackdays this weekend so I'm sure I'll crash again in the very near future haha.

Sorry no video go-pro wasn't working. :(

Dragged my knee for the first time and spooked myself when it made contact. Lifted knee and bike a smidgeon but it was right at the apex so I overshot the apex and when I tried to throw the bike back down I was coming off the throttle trying to slow down engine-braking and lost the rear.

Definitely a noob move I guess haha.

But before it happened I had the quickest pace I have ever run before. I was hitting all the right lines and very smooth and comfortable. For the first time I actually felt like maybe I'd be able to hold my own on a novice race grid. Ripping on the throttle after coming out of a corner you just nailed perfectly is such a great feeling. Especially when you stopped being such a chicken and tried to hit it at a speed much higher than you ever have before.

God.....what a rush.

Seriously people. Get out to the racetrack. This is more addictive than heroin-stuffed crack balls.

This was taken straightening out for the main straight. I crashed literally 15 seconds after this was taken haha.

strato.jpg

Anyway....

/spam

:D

..... Just to point it out, you seem to be going 'stinky fast' without any sort of fairing.....:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
..... Just to point it out, you seem to be going 'stinky fast' without any sort of fairing.....:thumbup:

Photoshopped! :BLAA:

Big props to you for getting back on that mangled horse every time, Lone! :thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you made it out in one piece and found new limits to your riding. Be safe out there bro!:rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL Wow!! You and that bike have been through (the valley of the shadow of death) and back 9 times now !! :rockon: :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup: Your getting Better!! :BLAA:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why am I never suprised when I see you have created a thread about crashing :shakehead: :BLAA:.... Glad your OK mate :thumbup: sad the bike was a little hurt :(

A HUGE congrats on getting the knee down though :D :cheer: :cheer:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
glad you re ok and you had a serious blast getting your knee down. its part of the learning curve to have crashes.

have i missed something? your R1 is no longer listed in your avatar. have you sold it for the gs?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Lone......Great to see that you are followingthe dream, and getting the track riding thing sorted....as for the accident, i am sure that if you keep upthe track riding, that it will be one of many such crashes....soon enough, you will be used to it...

Just think that everytime you bin it, you get to learn more about bikes, and how to fix them yourself...

:thumbup: