Some new frame/engine protection on the way!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after lots of discussion with other Speed Triple owners, I've finally narrowed down and ordered some frame & engine protection. What do y'all think? Parts replacement on Triumphs is stoopid expensive (new radiator $640, for example) so a little piece of mind is in order.

SW-Motec Frame Sliders:

15026-500x600.jpg

15031-500x600.jpg

R&G Engine/Clutch case sliders

15113-425x350.jpg

RG.BE0020BK_002.jpg

OES Front fork sliders

STforksliderswithlogos-499x600.jpg

Last edited:
I've been eyeing the same frame sliders and engine-case sliders. Where did you order from?

Hey Rob:

TwistedThrottle.com seems to be the only US distributor, as far as I can tell

Sent using Tapatalk for Android on HTC EVO

Interesting..................clutch case sliders are a good idea.

Goop,
I looked for them for the SV....No dice :(
We should have JBLK9596 (Jerry) whip em up for us in CNC machine!
Are ya listening Jerry? :BLAA:

Alright! I got these parts installed...what an experience today has been. I damaged the threads in a little triangular bracket that attaches the cylinder to the frame. The torque was supposed to be 80 Nm...I wasn't even close to that, but something went wrong. I'm still thinking about what might of happened, but oh well for now.

The damaged part: Went to the dealer and found the part is $70. Their shop guys examined it and thought they could tap it, but decided they didn't have the right size for this particular hole. They gave me some info for a machine shop nearby to try, but they were closed. I punched in "machine shop" into my trusty phone and found another shop nearby in Escondido, CA. They were open! They repaired it right then and there with a helical insert for $20.

So back home I finished up and here are the results! (I did not use a torque wrench on the repaired threads!)

Last edited:
They look great! :rockon:
You know you should call me on stuff like that! :D
I'm right down the street!:rolleyes:

Actually, Lisa's back has been bothering her and I've been chief cook and bottle washer for a few days so I prolly wouldn't have been available. But call me next time! :thumbup:

Here's a few more, the Triumph forum wanted to see measurements of how far the sliders stuck out to help protect the radiator.

And one of the pics is the damaged threads that I pulled out of the bracket I fooked up.

Looking good:thumbup:
Are the case savers separate pieces, standoffs and saver?
I've been trying to come up with sliders that attach the way they did
on your III but the FZ is not symmetrical and it makes it a bit difficult to do.
Cliff, anything you need just send me a sketch or a .dwg/.dfx and I can figure
out a way to make them:D

Jerry

Looking good:thumbup:
Are the case savers separate pieces, standoffs and saver?
I've been trying to come up with sliders that attach the way they did
on your III but the FZ is not symmetrical and it makes it a bit difficult to do.
Cliff, anything you need just send me a sketch or a .dwg/.dfx and I can figure
out a way to make them:D

Jerry

Yes, they are. The slider "pucks" are replaceable and bolt onto the bracket.

Edit: Sorry, the engine case sliders are one piece. The frame sliders are not

Last edited:
Do you think you can make stator cover and clutch cover sliders for the FZ? Might be a market for those. :thumbup:

Back