Some people make me laugh!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, a couple of weekends ago, i was out riding my highly modified, very much visually individual FZ6 fighter, when i stopped at a Supermarket to get some gaspers!

Anyway, i park the bike, go get the cancer sticks, and return to my bike, to find a lad who looked to be in his early twenties, standing next to my bike, having a bit of a goosey gander!

I was in a damn fine mood, as i had just been riding up my favourite stretch of twisty stuff, so i said G'day...

Anyway, the young lad says "Hi, i have a bike exactly the same as this at home", at which point i became rather interested in his assertion, knowing that my bike is definitely a "one off", totally custom fighter...

Being a bit chirpy, i decided to go along with the young lad...my reply "Really, exactly the same? To which i get back "Yep, it's even the same colour!"

Amazed at his emphatic response, i continue the conversation " What, exactly the same seat, tail light, and exhaust pipes???"

Response from young whipper snapper "Yep!!!"

Still amazed, i decided that i couldnt be bothered letting him know that he was full of $hit!, and instead replied "That's awesome, they are a great bike"

At which point he dissapeared into a car, and i put my helmet & gloves on, and rode off....laughing a lot to myself...

If there is another FZ6 out there that is identical to mine, i would love to see it, but the odd's are pretty slim! considering it is a home built special!

Gotta love a young fella with an active imagination, and a willingness to impress.

Sorry, i found it highly amusing, and thought that i should share...

:thumbup:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got that once right after I finished my rebuild with the orange paint job. He said it was a stock color even.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, a couple of weekends ago, i was out riding my highly modified, very much visually individual FZ6 fighter, when i stopped at a Supermarket to get some gaspers!

Anyway, i park the bike, go get the cancer sticks, and return to my bike, to find a lad who looked to be in his early twenties, standing next to my bike, having a bit of a goosey gander!

I was in a damn fine mood, as i had just been riding up my favourite stretch of twisty stuff, so i said G'day...

Anyway, the young lad says "Hi, i have a bike exactly the same as this at home", at which point i became rather interested in his assertion, knowing that my bike is definitely a "one off", totally custom fighter...

Being a bit chirpy, i decided to go along with the young lad...my reply "Really, exactly the same? To which i get back "Yep, it's even the same colour!"

Amazed at his emphatic response, i continue the conversation " What, exactly the same seat, tail light, and exhaust pipes???"

Response from young whipper snapper "Yep!!!"

Still amazed, i decided that i couldnt be bothered letting him know that he was full of $hit!, and instead replied "That's awesome, they are a great bike"

At which point he dissapeared into a car, and i put my helmet & gloves on, and rode off....laughing a lot to myself...

If there is another FZ6 out there that is identical to mine, i would love to see it, but the odd's are pretty slim! considering it is a home built special!

Gotta love a young fella with an active imagination, and a willingness to impress.

Sorry, i found it highly amusing, and thought that i should share...

:thumbup:
He's a forum member "Pseudo wolf" been looking at all your how to's. Trouble is mate you made it to easy.

Nelly

PS People who make me laugh, Patients coming in to the ED short of breath / chest pains going outside for a fag.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

To be fair to the n00b, any black bike with a streetfighter front end might look 'the same' to the uninitiated.

To the initiated, however, it's a piece of art - which is why we hold it in such high esteem.

Cheers,
Rick

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe he saw it in a magazine that he has at home...? Same colour, even...lol :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 INFUSE using Tapatalk 2

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
but no mather how "noob" you are ... it's weird that you wouldn't know what your OWN bike looks like :)

Especially if your in your early 20's, god when i had bikes in my early 20's, i used to think my bike, no matter how crap it was, was the most awesome thing ever...and i had some crap bikes in my early 20's...

well there is one thing for sure, my bike dont look like any other bike, no matter how clueless you are...i think he just thought it was a bike he aint seen before, and thought that it was nice, so he thought he would "own" one!

:D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you were in a good mood and got a laugh about it...

...in twenty years he'll be on the ballot. :spank:

Criminal Pilot

City Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
3940905_700b.jpg

Friend of mine showed me that this morning. Seemed fitting. :spank:

Nice of you to take such a casual tone with him. I would've kept pushing to see how far he can go. But I guess maybe he actually believed he had the same bike, for some reason not knowing what his own looks like, so he didn't really know he was lying.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not 30 minutes after reading this I went to Jimmy Johns for lunch and had a similar experience! I walk in and the cashier asks what kinda bike I have. I told him it's a Yamaha FZ6. He says cool and claims to have just bought a CBR. I asked if it was a 600. He said he THINKS its a CBR-ZX. A 600. lol. I just gave him a look like since when did Honda and Kawasaki team up on making a sport bike? Made me laugh because that literally happened minutes after I read this post! :BLAA:

Hoosier4444

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 19 and I say a lot of dumb stuff when I want to sound less stupid about a topic I know very little about. I am definitely learning to bite my tongue but I appreciate not destroying the "noob." :thumbup:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: That is funny and I think you handled it well. Only a few months after getting my FZ6 I was getting gas and the guy on the other side of the pump walk over and say, "Nice bike!" I said thank you. Then he continued with, "I have a R6 too, but it's in storage ." I casually replied with, "It's a FZ6." He said, "A what?...(I repeated)...Oh, well it looks great." and he was off.

Not sure if he was just trying to be cool and say he had a bike or if he was just confused on that rainy day. Funny though.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LMFAO!! Definitly (NOT) a biker was He..... :BLAA: I could pick out bikes make and model by 12 years old after all the brochures and magazines I had saturated myself with,and it never stopped for me,the kid sound's like a real squirel to me,Good Call on the reaction he was not worth your time.... :rockon: :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
That kid needs to be hospitalized for the amount of BS coming out of his mouth.

Your story reminds me of that video where some pro stunters go to meet this kid who claims to be a pro and is giving "lessons". When they ask this kid what kind of gixxer he has, he says it's a 600-1000 together. :liar:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He probably isnt lying. I see bikes like yours all over the place. I wouldn't say its that far of a stretch, your bike is pretty stock, the few upgrades can be found at local shops. I mean people think they throw a set of new grips and a fender eliminator and they think they have a "custom 1-off bike" Get real dude, your bike isnt that custom....

now get a bike like that wolf-fella thats on these forums, then you can say you have a custom bike. :Flash:

Hoosier4444

Reaction score
Visit site
He probably isnt lying. I see bikes like yours all over the place. I wouldn't say its that far of a stretch, your bike is pretty stock, the few upgrades can be found at local shops. I mean people think they throw a set of new grips and a fender eliminator and they think they have a "custom 1-off bike" Get real dude, your bike isnt that custom....

now get a bike like that wolf-fella thats on these forums, then you can say you have a custom bike. :Flash:

Troll Monster. :D had me there

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
HEY I DO HAVE A BIKE LIKE WOLF'S.

LOOK

and since it came from my computer its all MINE:BLAA: :BLAA: