Something we have in Canada

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought this was kind of interesting. In Canada we can get a FZ8 Fazer, a dressed FZ8N. I was thinking, and still am, of going to the FZ1 but if insurance is too much and if the FZ8 gets better gas mileage and range this may be the way to go. I do like a fairing bike better because of the added wind protection.

2012_FZ8-S_SMX_CA_1_l.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike! I'm also partial to a fairing. Wonder if we can go to Canada and ride back with one.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike! I'm also partial to a fairing. Wonder if we can go to Canada and ride back with one.

OR......due to my generous nature I could pick it up from the dealer for you (after you've paid for it) and deliver it to you from Ontario.......I wouldn't want you to have to endure a 4 day backroads trip on a brand spankin new bike....we are a generous lot up here in Canada. :BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love how that looks! It has to get better MPG than FZ1 and since Canada insurance goes by CC's, that's gotta be a little cheaper too.

I'd hit that! :D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here she is at the Motorbeurs motorbike show in the Netherlands, a couple of weeks ago:

IMG_0103.JPG

Doesn't she look good, uurm I meant the bike ;)

I still think the exhaust is the worst thing on this bike but I saw a bike with a nice after market pipe the other day and it made a big improvement on the looks :rockon:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like this FZ8 much better over the naked version. I am also a big fan for the undertail exhaust. Part of the reason why I still have my FZ6.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm... side by side pic.. does FZ8 really not have a center stand?
Header on FZ8 is sticking out forward quite a bit.. much closer to front wheel.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, the bike looks awesome... The reality is... it is a sleeved done version of the FZ1 much like the FZ6R is a down graded version of the FZ6... Basically same weight and pyhsical size of the FZ1, but with less HP... So you get maybe a little better gas mileage and slightly cheaper insurance rate... Hmmm, I don't see the point.... If I were you I would spring for the FZ1 if I had to choose between the two...

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a great looking bike....but what the heck is Yamaha thinking when they put that exhaust on??? They did that with the FZ1 too and it was the first thing I changed! Easiest 15 pounds I ever lost ;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit I like the FZ8 Fazer, but I don't know if you guys (in canada) get the GT version, here's the Dutch page, here's the extra's (compared with the standard version):

GT Fazer8 ABS, standard TCP Aerodynamics SA fairing, SW Motech panniers and lots of genuine Yamaha accessories including a nice FZ8 Tankpad, a centerstand, heated grips and an adjustable comfort-high windshield, is available in the colors Midnight Black and White Competition

I think it looks even nicer with the full fairing, and in white (well they don't have red :rolleyes:).
Here's a pic of the black one:

yamaha-fazer8-gt-abs1.jpg

It costs €700 more than the standard version but I think it's worth it (for the sort of riding I do).

Last edited: