Spotted: FZ9

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Coming back from a job pick up in the SF Bay Area this afternoon I spotted a girl on a hot looking new (no plates) sportbike mergin onto the freeway next to me. She had long blonde hair sporting from her bright neon green helmet, weighed about a hundred pounds but all I could concentrate on was what the heck bike is she is riding. Finally after both of us changing lanes for a couple of miles I was able to catch up to her thinking that it must be a Speed Triple or something of the like. Not until I saw the tuning fork emblem on the tank and seeing the triple exhausts that I realized that it was a brand new FZ9 in what looked to be the graphite black (?) color. :eek:
What a delicious, mouth watering machine that was. :BLAA: after playing tag for a few miles and viewing it from both sides, and having her think I was the world's biggest pervert for apparently stalking her, we parted ways, but I can't wait for the IMS show next month up here in NorCal to see and sit on one in person.
Then I read in the new MotorCyclist mag today that Honda's developing a new Naked V4 with a trellis frame and an 800cc V-Four engine. :rockon: It's times like this that I'm actually glad I'm broke.....:spank:

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still not sure what you guys are talking about -- the bike or the blonde.

The v4 sounds...really nice.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On one of them I could see every bump, curve, and sexy profile...the other one was wearing a helmet. :spank:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Blah Blah, ignoring girl, Blah bike, blah.......

Then I read in the new MotorCyclist mag today that Honda's developing a new Naked V4 with a trellis frame and an 800cc V-Four engine. :rockon: It's times like this that I'm actually glad I'm broke.....:spank:

wait so honda is building a bike that might actually be worth owning....... naaah that cant be true.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Showing my age but I had an '86 VF500 which was one of the best bikes i've ever owned. That V4 was music to my soul. :rockon:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
the honda V4 800 might be (by that i mean it is) the single best engine on the market. and the VFR that houses it is pretty sweet as well....

but to get back on track:
I would have to ride the FZ-09 and it would have to really, I mean REALLY, blow my mind for me to even consider it as an option. if i wanted something for city brawling and hooning around on i would build a supermoto for half the price. anything outside of that i just dont see the practicality of the bike. mainly the tiny gas tank and lack of centerstand. i dont mind the naked concept but im still partial to having some wind protection.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Showing my age but I had an '86 VF500 which was one of the best bikes i've ever owned. That V4 was music to my soul. :rockon:

My brother had a 85 500 interceptor. On of the most fun bikes I ever rode.

I've been trying so hard to talk myself out of buying a Orange FZ-09 when it hits the local showroom.

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
:needpics:

I dun had me an XS750 back in the day, and turned over 86,000 miles on the thing. Liked it so much, I bought another. Rode the sh*t outta it, until the cops dun took mah license away, so I sold the thang. :p
Yamaha triples rock! :rockon:

Oh, and Lefty, I can out stalk you any day of the week! ;)

Wave.jpg

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah BB, I know I should have caught a pic but after having finally getting a phone with a camera I can actually use I forgot to snap one. :spank:
I was thinking for a moment that it might have been you but I didn't think you could grow your locks that quickly...:BLAA: but I'm always on the look out for you......