St Louis / Southeastern Missouri Ride/Meet

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Ok... so looks like a couple of us are going to go on a ride Sunday afternoon in the twisties of Southeastern Missouri. If any of you would like to come/meet us somewhere or whatever, either pm me or email me or text me at 6 1 8-2 0 3-6 9 8 0. Plans are to leave from the Festus, MO area early afternoon and log about 160-180 miles round trip.

Trip will look something like this with possible detours depending on comfort.

Bixby Ride

We are hoping to have a few more bikes on the ride. Right now I know it will be me on my FZ6, my brother in law on his Honda VTR250, FZ6nick on his FZ6 and his dad on a 1050 Tiger.

A couple of co-workers of mine ride and may come along, one on a FZ6 one on a R6S.

Let me know what to plan on!

I actually did the ride today just to scout the roads for nasties and graveltraps. All looks good! There is a little construction on Route 8 west of Potosi, but the workers said they won't be there Sunday and the road will be all open. I'm pretty excited, these are some fun roads and the scenery is pleasant too. We actually got rained on for about a combined total 10-15 minutes today around Bixby. Nothing bad, just enough to wet you then let you dry off, wet you again, and dry off again.

So, spread the word! Let's have a showing!

looks like we are going to have some pillion (passenger) riders so the pace will be moderate. Josh, a college buddy from Carbondale, is bringing his fiance and they are relatively new to two up riding so I told him we'd be courteous to that. I'm excited to meet other Fazer riders.

I live in Wentzville (30min West of St. Louis) and just bought my FZ6...I'd join you, but not enough warning for me. Already have plans for this weekend. I have been on most of those roads in the past and are generally great roads. Best parts are down in South/West of Potosi, 21 is OK as well. 67 and 8 are very straight but go pretty quick. Looks to be a great ride!!!

I have spent many a weekends in Mark Twain forrest down in Potosi on my dirtbike and camping. Great countryside down there.

Steve

Let's meet at Surdyke Yamaha in Festus at 12:30. Kickstands up at 12:45 or so. We are meeting some more people at BP in Potosi at 1:30 so that oughta work out. Here's the address:

Surdyke Yamaha KTM
1305 Highway 61
Festus, MO 63028

Call or text 618.203.6980 if you are running late or have trouble finding it.

We will stop at the General Store in Bixby, MO probably around 3:00 for food, refreshment and bench racing. So far, I have responses from at least 8 people who are riding with us. I'm not sure how many are meeting in Festus. If you are planning on being at Surdyke's at 12:30, let me know so we don't wait on someone not coming.

See ya there!

Dirk

looks to be fantastic weather and quite a few bikes coming up. There are probably 3 or so coming from the Carbondale area if that's were you are motocross1.

How many of the rest of you guys are coming.

Back