Suggestions about Boots?

Spiderman19

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, new rider here. When I got the FZ6 in the fall, the sales guy said buy a pair of sturdy heavy duty boots. I got a pair of leather boots with a reinforced toe and that come up over my ankle. They have a hard rubber sole and so far have been great. But they are not Motorcycle boots specifically? Do I need to consider getting motorcycle boots? I have all the other safety gear I need (I hope), but never thought I should look for motorcycle specific boots.

Any advice people can share is much appreciated.

Thanks!
:confused:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would suggest specific motorbike boots. Are the ones you are using steel-capped boots? If so, I would not recommend these - have heard of riders losing toes in an accident - steel cuts right through them :eek:

You need to protect your shins, toes, ankles and heels - all these are covered with MOST motorcycle boots.

My boot of choice - all year boot - Berik GPX boots. They are waterproof and comfortable

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike!

Think of motorcycle boots as a helmet for your feet and ankles. They are extremely vulnerable in a crash. Work boots aren't the right tool for the job.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I use my bike to go to job sites that require steel-toed boots.... so I use them as my riding boots also. Most motorcycle boots are not steel-toed (not to my knowledge, anyway) so don't meet job-site safety standards. I use them for practical work purposes only. If I didn't need safety boots for work, I would recommend a proper pair of motorcycle boots. (Y'know...don't do as I do, do as I say....):-((just my .02 worth).

Last edited:

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
I wore my steel toe boots all of last year and I decided that I really needed to get motorcycle boots. I decided upon Sidi Vertigo Boots. Just waiting for the weather to warm up to actually buy them.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Please consider getting all the right gear as soon as you can.....

“Keep The Rubber Side Down” » Blog Archive » Riding Boots! 7 Things To Look For

IMO, work boots are for work, motorcycle boots are for riding a motorcycle.

and :welcome:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WARNING to the squeemish: that photo made me want to spew!!!!!!!!! :eek:
-------------------------------
btw i bought these SIDI Adventure Gore-Tex Boots - RevZilla
gore tex
guaranteed waterproof
i did not pay $600 for them! i ordered them from the uk and saved almost $200!
you jelly??!!:D

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wore my steel toe boots all of last year and I decided that I really needed to get motorcycle boots. I decided upon Sidi Vertigo Boots. Just waiting for the weather to warm up to actually buy them.

I have Sidi Vertigo's, and they have saved my feet from serious injury 3 times now...not cheap, but you get what you pay for!

Had these boots for abnout 60000km's now, and they still rock!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
I love my Alpinestars S-MX 5 boots. The feel solid, breath well (but not to much so my toes don't freeze), were not ungodly expensive (220.00), and the blue matches my blue FZ :D

Sorry for the low res pic, but I was sitting here playing vid games and just snapped it. LOL

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my Alpinestars S-MX 5 boots. The feel solid, breath well (but not to much so my toes don't freeze), were not ungodly expensive (220.00), and the blue matches my blue FZ :D

Sorry for the low res pic, but I was sitting here playing vid games and just snapped it. LOL

Nice boots! Well worth the coin spent, a lot like Sidi's in that they offer REAL protection, and they look damn nice too!

:thumbup:

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Nice boots! Well worth the coin spent, a lot like Sidi's in that they offer REAL protection, and they look damn nice too!

:thumbup:

Thanks!

DEFINITELY worth the money. And DEFINITELY offer real protection. I went down with these on back in November, 100 % protected my feet/ankles and as you can see, you can't even tell that the bike ended up on top of that foot...

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of tourmaster Solution WP Road Boot, they go for like $120.00 but got them on sale 3 years ago for like $90.00 free shiping from helmetcity.com
As I mentioned they are 3 years old, I use them every single time I ride. They are all black if you don't like the "power ranger" style.
They are confortable enough to walk around the whole day and waterproof.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i think i need to get a decent pair of boots, the zip is going on my current pair

i love the rear opening of the Dainese ones, but it seems like the sidi's might offer better protection

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a pair of Icon SuperDuty 4 boots, they are styled like a work boot but reinforced and designed for motorcycle riding.

Haven't been riding with them yet, but hopefully they do well, only $90...

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am looking at these, I think i am going to go with the strada evo air boots, they are vented well, are comfortable to walk in and seem to be durable according to the reviews.

newenough.com had some nice things to say about them too.

Sidi Strada Evo Air Motorcycle Sport Boots :: MotorcycleGear.com

Sidi Strada Evo Air Motorcycle Sport Boots :: MotorcycleGear.com

Alpinestars S-MX 5 Vented Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

AXO Primato II Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Teknic Chicane Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Spiderman19

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everybody. This is great advice. I will order a new pair of boots before going out again. Going through all the recommendations now.

And yes, the picture did make me want to yuke...

:eek:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You MUST try them on though.

Lots of people love SIDIS - didn't feel right on me. Same with my hubby. He loves Alpinestars. I don't.

Each to their own. Try them on in the store, then look for the best online deal. See if your local store can match it, if not, buy online.

Good luck, and we want to see your choice when it's made - and your review in the Review forum :)

Spiderman19

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, one more question. Any recommendations on the two best online retailers (US) that I should consider. I was checking out:

Motorcycle Superstore: Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear - I liked the fact that there were a bunch of reviews about each product. One reviewer said find a cheaper price online and call cust serv and they will match the price at this place.

Also checked out Revzilla but they don't have all that many reviews. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike