Swingarm and Axle sliders keep water out?

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I am considering purchasing some swingarm and axle sliders.

For those with swingarm and axle sliders, particularly those from Motovation, do you know if they keep water from getting into the swingarm or front wheel axle? Do they allow water to seep in and pool there? That would be bad.

I guess I could use a thin rubber washer if the sliders do allow water to seep in. Has anyone done that? Good/bad idea?

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
hi there, have installed the front and rear axle from motovation for quite a few months. Have inspected my bike condition recently and its safe to conclude that water won't penetrate through. The bolts and nuts for these sliders are a perfect fit and no way that water may enter.

So don't think too much about it:)

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I sent an email to Motovation, this is their reply:

Thank you for the email. Our kits are by no means "water tight" but they will greatly reduce the amount of water coming in and they do not seal to the point of the water collecting and staying there. If you wanted to use some rubber washers it would not be a bad idea as long as they are not too thick.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Hm, i think they do no want to be held accountable by saying yes it keeps water out.

But for me, so far there's no water coming in through the sliders or any water retained in them.

yeap and i use it as a daily transport to work and school, rain or shine.