Texas Roll Call

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I see there is a lot of members from Texas. Im In the DFW area.
Chris
:Sport:

Hi Chris,

I am near the Austin area...ready for riding with other like minded Fizzers when time allows.

I am throwing out January 31th for a ride meeting west of Austin - heading into the twisty area south of Kerrville i.e. The Three Sisters road, considered by many to the best in Texas.

Let me know if there are any takers.

Bobby

Last edited:
A

Aggietaco

I'm up for a ride, but that's my b-day weekend (hooray insurance break!) and I should be in Vegas. I'd rather wait for a bit warmer weather anyway...

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Hi Chris,

I am near the Austin area...ready for riding with other like minded Fizzers when time allows.

I am throwing out January 31th for a ride meeting west of Austin - heading into the twisty area south of Kerrville i.e. The Three Sisters road, considered by many to the best in Texas.

I'm in. I know a good route to there and will be happy to lead people from Austin.

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From Plano, Texas here, but just moved this month to NW Arkansas.
Here's a photo of the Fizzer's new home.
Still have not sold my house here yet and have an 07 FJR to ride here
until i am fully moved.

hamslice01

Reaction score
Visit site
hey you guys in san antonio i just got here and wanna know where the good roads are i went up 16 and had some fun but you know maybe you guys know some better spots and i live by a looks like a 2005 maybe 6 fz6 always with a orange cover are you on here

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in. I know a good route to there and will be happy to lead people from Austin.

Sounds great...I have ridden extensively in the hill country area and would be interested in knowing new routes! I have my trusty Garmin on the RAM mount :) You could always upload the trip file too :)

The more Fizzies, the merrier
party0011.gif
...this is an invite for everybody!

So let's linkup on January 31st. at 7:15 am in Austin, Texas at Scooter's Coffee House located on 6705 W Highway 290 # 61 in Austin - (512) 892-0021 or right before "the Y at Oak Hill" as it is often called by local FZ tribesman.

Last edited:
A

Aggietaco

Hmmm, if I'm back in town I'd like to go for a ride.

Need to start working on a big ride sometime in March/April.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I'm carefully watching the weather, as I'm sure most of you are.
Right now the forecast for Saturday is a high of 65 and a low of 35.

At the moment I'm still planning on being ready. But if this weather continues to be this miserable, I won't go. 65 is no problem. 35 is. On a 400+ mile ride, we'd be out long enough to experience both extremes of temperature, and if we get cold while we're out, it will not be fun at all.

I'll post if I decide not to go.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm carefully watching the weather, as I'm sure most of you are.
Right now the forecast for Saturday is a high of 65 and a low of 35.

At the moment I'm still planning on being ready. But if this weather continues to be this miserable, I won't go. 65 is no problem. 35 is. On a 400+ mile ride, we'd be out long enough to experience both extremes of temperature, and if we get cold while we're out, it will not be fun at all.

I'll post if I decide not to go.

The weather according to the Weather Bug is high 70 low 50 and sunny, so it should be ideal. If anybody wants to spend the night in Leakey, go for it. You can ride part of the route with us. I hope to be back to Austin before the dreaded sunset and the deer that come lurking near the roads edge :(.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Last edited:

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
LoL now I don't feel so bad. I set mine for 5:30am and it turns out I have am and pm reversed on my alarm clock. Woke up a bit ago and couldn't figure out why it was still 8:30pm but so bright outside. Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be hah. Try again?

A

Aggietaco

Yesterday was my b-day and I ended up over indulging last night, so when 6:00 came round this morning, my body wasn't having any motorcycling today. I'm free next Saturday/Sunday if anyone wants to try again.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
D'oh! I set the alarm for 6:00 am and never even heard it go off. I hope the ride goes well.

Excellent day! It started a bit on the brisk side at 32 degrees and by noon it was in the 60s for the balance of the day. There was little traffic and the Three Sister's area is really showing the signs of the extended drought. The day's route ended up being close to 500 miles.

rockon.gif

Let's plan a ride again soon! It might be good to go east of Austin since that part of Texas tends to have much more rain and is therefore more lush.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Somehow I've never noticed this thread, but both me and the bike are from Boerne though I wasn't living there when I bought it. :D