Thanks to all of you on this forum!!!

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Sup fellow riders. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy this forum. I have learned a lot. Just this past weekend I have attended rolling thunder and I had a blast. But the best thing was not just that. It was the work I have done myself just be reading this forum post.
I have changed my air filter, did oil and filter change, dissembled my clutch lever and lubed the hell out of it, and the thing that made it even more enjoyable was the lowering of my stock handle bars. I love the way my fizzer rides with the new riding position. A huge difference. And I even I took my tank off completely to check get to the air box and yes I kept it stock over K&N. All this was possible due to the post all of you made and many posts had great pictures to use as reference points.
This weekend I am changing my front brakes, I will bleed the brake lines and add new brake fluid and I will also change my coolant as well. Will flush it and add new coolant. The bike now has 21835 miles and in great shape. I saved a ton of money by doing it my self.
So yeah all, keep posting good stuff and pictures are always good points and very helpful.
Ride safe.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We love you to man!:hug:... sniffle sniffle... Seriously this is a great forum! Totally agree about learning from so many great points and experiences of others here.

Hey! How'd you make out on your face shield?

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! And you're welcome!

The sharing and caring is what makes this the best forum available!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, this place is rockin! pretty mucxh a "tool" free zone...and even if they do manage to get their way in here, the "tools" dont last long...too many good people, that banish them to the " cheap seats" pretty much straight away.

:thumbup:

Melchizel

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with OP! This forum has been extremely helpful to me as well. Thank you all for contributing! :cheer:

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup this place is awesome! I was going to give you a rep point, but I was told I need to spread some around.:(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sup fellow riders. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy this forum. I have learned a lot. Just this past weekend I have attended rolling thunder and I had a blast. But the best thing was not just that. It was the work I have done myself just be reading this forum post.
I have changed my air filter, did oil and filter change, dissembled my clutch lever and lubed the hell out of it, and the thing that made it even more enjoyable was the lowering of my stock handle bars. I love the way my fizzer rides with the new riding position. A huge difference. And I even I took my tank off completely to check get to the air box and yes I kept it stock over K&N. All this was possible due to the post all of you made and many posts had great pictures to use as reference points.
This weekend I am changing my front brakes, I will bleed the brake lines and add new brake fluid and I will also change my coolant as well. Will flush it and add new coolant. The bike now has 21835 miles and in great shape. I saved a ton of money by doing it my self.
So yeah all, keep posting good stuff and pictures are always good points and very helpful.
Ride safe.
Thanks for the post mate,
This site has also increased my mechanical competence and made it possible for me to learn loads without feeling like a right idiot for asking questions (unless they pertain to oil lol).
Its what its all about, sharing. A huge congrats to you for finding th confidence to have a go yourself. Please take pictures of the brake bleed, I need to do it.

Nelly

Nelly

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the post mate,
This site has also increased my mechanical competence and made it possible for me to learn loads without feeling like a right idiot for asking questions (unless they pertain to oil lol).
Its what its all about, sharing. A huge congrats to you for finding th confidence to have a go yourself. Please take pictures of the brake bleed, I need to do it.

Nelly

Nelly

Sorry Nelly but I didn't use the camera. I should have done it but I kind of stared late during a day and I was in the garage and I don't have a light there. Started about 3pm or so and finished around 6 or so. Really took my time since it was my first so I did not want to mess anything up. I had a little assistance of my friend...needed someone to pump the brake to let the rest of fluid out. But I will keep in mind next time I do things on mine bike it would be nice to take pics and share with the rest here. I used service manual for this since I could not find any post here about it.

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Well said, Staticghost! I realized after a bit of wrench work lately that I should have a torque wrench in the tool box just for the bike. I just ordered one from Northerntool.com that ranges from 5-80 ft/lbs, 3/8" drive. 39 bucks. Basically that should cover the bike pretty well (except maybe the rear axle nut) for anything I'm tackling under the shade tree.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! How'd you make out on your face shield?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried some toothpaste and it did little something but not much at all. And no way am using a freaking torch to fix this.... ;)I kind of made peace with it. Am just getting the new shield sometime this month or so.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Nelly but I didn't use the camera. I should have done it but I kind of stared late during a day and I was in the garage and I don't have a light there. Started about 3pm or so and finished around 6 or so. Really took my time since it was my first so I did not want to mess anything up. I had a little assistance of my friend...needed someone to pump the brake to let the rest of fluid out. But I will keep in mind next time I do things on mine bike it would be nice to take pics and share with the rest here. I used service manual for this since I could not find any post here about it.
I know they make a one way bleeder for bleeding car brakes, wonder if it would work on our bikes.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know they make a one way bleeder for bleeding car brakes, wonder if it would work on our bikes.

It may work. I found a vacuum pump works best for bleeding brakes. Bikes do not hold much fluid, so it really does not take that long. Just make sure you keep the reservoirs full, you really do not want to suck in air, just do a fluid exchange.

Google MityVac, they make various hand held vacuum pumps, and most are around $35 for the whole kit. Having a helper add new brake fluid simplifies the job, and speeds it up a lot. Should take 20-30 minutes.

One note though, if you do run the reservoir dry and suck air. Fill up the reservoir and start pulling new fluid, then take the caliper off and move it around as you keep pulling fluid through. This will help eliminate any trapped air in the caliper, and should prevent a mushy brake feel.

If needed, I could do a write up this weekend with pictures on how to bleed brake systems with a vacuum pump. I find it the easiest way to do it besides a pressure bleeder.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This site is AWESOME!! I can come here daily and find something interesting to read about..and like others have said ,the good hearted, freindly ,helpful,easy going people on this site,gaurd it well,and keep it thriving!! Thankyou Dennis,and fellow member's for this incredible forum!! :rockon: :cheer: :thumbup:

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
good thread, agreed, I'm greatly enjoying my short time here so far,
good collection of people...as for the front brakes...wondering why the
need to open the hydraulic portion of the system at all? is it to change
the brake oil? 'cause I'm thinking a routine brake pad replacement does
not normally require the handling of any fluid

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
good thread, agreed, I'm greatly enjoying my short time here so far,
good collection of people...as for the front brakes...wondering why the
need to open the hydraulic portion of the system at all? is it to change
the brake oil? 'cause I'm thinking a routine brake pad replacement does
not normally require the handling of any fluid

That would be correct. I have changed it because it was kind of to the darker side of the brake fluid and ever since I have bought the bike it has never been changed at all, brakes or fluid, and just to make myself sleep better at night I figured I change everything to have a piece of mind. Am glad I did because now it feel a lot better braking wise (obvious due to new pads) and the brake lever feels a little more smooth...:thumbup:

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a very cool forum. Everyone is very helpful and there is loads of information on this site on how to do all kinds of things to our bikes. Not a lot of douchebags and flamers on this forum like some other forums that I visit. It is a nice collection of very cool people.

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the only forum I have ever been on and posted, I don't do twitter or face book etc. I signed up for SBN but never go there. I don't have to go to them to know most everyone here is good people. It makes me try much harder to not come off as a tool as I tend to get passionate about what I believe in. I have always been picky with whom I surround myself with, you all are a classy group I agree.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ride safe.

Now here's a member who really knows how to use that Search Function!