The amazing rush

phantom27

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so here is the story. I've never owned a street bike. I did have a dirt bike for about a year but I've never had a street bike or gone on a real ride.

Last season I rode my buddy's FZ6 and I was hooked. So I went to the Yamaha store and they had a used '06 FZ6 that I fell in love with. Since I'm in a small town and it was the end of the season they allowed me to make payments on the bike (kind of like layaway) until it was paid for.

So. The bike will be paid off (and therefore mine) on March 5th. Today I took my buddy's FZ6 out for a 10 minute ride. I thought I was excited before today but nothing can describe the excitement I now have. It feels so amazing when your leaning into a turn or feeling the acceleration the bike has!! I don't know how to describe it, it's an amazing feeling!!!

Just wanted to share some of this excitement. Do you guys remember this crazy excitement?

I took my fz6 for the first time on twisties 2 days back...damn can I describe it? hell no...english has to come up with better words to help me do that...for now all I can say is...its an unforgettable experience and I can wait to explore more twisties...and mark my words..being in bay area just spices up everything...we are soo lucky to have soo many place to try out and master the skills of motorcycle riding..
Welcome to the world of motorcycle riding bro!..You and I are just starting I bet...there are tonnes of ppl in this forum who have soo much experience and are ready to share ...
KB

Welcome aboard! So as relative new street riders I have to ask? Are you wearing good motorcycle gear? I'm talking full face helmet, jacket , pants, boots and gloves. As a veteran rider the best advice I can give you is buy good gear and do a riding class at a race track.
Learn good technique now and you will outride most people out there.(in more ways than one )

At least for me after years and thousands of miles on dirt and streetbikes I still get that "man is this just the coolest thing or what" feeling every time I ride.

Welcome aboard! So as relative new street riders I have to ask? Are you wearing good motorcycle gear? I'm talking full face helmet, jacket , pants, boots and gloves.

I always wear a riding jacket with armor . I also wear a full face helmet.

EDIT: And riding gloves

Last edited:
:welcome: Flipping from one turn to the next under power in a nice chicane really has no comparison if you ask me. I don't think the feeling will ever get old. When it becomes boring, check my pulse!!

Even so, I did a bonehead thing tonight and had a hairy moment that got my heart racing. Keep your head about you and enjoy yourself!

:rockon:

Back