The Aussie Gear & Accessories review's & view's thread!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i rode to work with my GPS today just to try it out on a longer trip & all i can so is WOW , that thing is BRILLIANT :thumbup: So so many features that are easy to navigate while riding & the screen allows for easy function even with gloves on :thumbup: & recalculating routes if you argue with it is done in tenths of a second :D For those who missed out , i feel for you :( coz those who got one have scored a beauty :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i rode to work with my GPS today just to try it out on a longer trip & all i can so is WOW , that thing is BRILLIANT :thumbup: So so many features that are easy to navigate while riding & the screen allows for easy function even with gloves on :thumbup: & recalculating routes if you argue with it is done in tenths of a second :D For those who missed out , i feel for you :( coz those who got one have scored a beauty :rockon:

Gloat, gloat, gloat.....that's normally my job! :D

Glad you got a good deal, now if we get lost in Tassie...it's your fault! :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New levers are great but i have a question....This is my 1st set of after market levers & im wondering if someone could explain to a simpleton like me why the new levers make the clutch operation so much lighter & front brake have so much more feeling :confused: After all they do the same as the OEM levers....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New levers are great but i have a question....This is my 1st set of after market levers & im wondering if someone could explain to a simpleton like me why the new levers make the clutch operation so much lighter & front brake have so much more feeling :confused: After all they do the same as the OEM levers....

It's the machining tolerances...less "play" amongst all the moving parts, resulting in better "torque', when the lever is pulled, which equals better control of both pulling the lever in, and releasing it, especially in the case of the clutch...much better.

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's the machining tolerances...less "play" amongst all the moving parts, resulting in better "torque', when the lever is pulled, which equals better control of both pulling the lever in, and releasing it, especially in the case of the clutch...much better.

Thanks mate , i get it now :thumbup: Cant belive its taken me 16 years of playing with bikes to get a set of after market levers :shakehead:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks mate , i get it now :thumbup: Cant belive its taken me 16 years of playing with bikes to get a set of after market levers :shakehead:

Yep, the OEM levers, which i admit, i dont have that much of an issue with, as long as they are kept adjusted, are just cheap castings, where as the aftermarket levers like yours, are machined out of billet...

If you aint already got em, get braided lines...that up's the game with the brakes again...and i dont know why i am telling you this...cause i know you know...but braided lines = good!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HJC AC-12 Carbon Vader on it's way. Should have it Friday. I'll be posting a review as soon as I've put it thorugh its paces:thumbup:

Scoby

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Wolfman,
Scoby here. Was good to catch up with another happy FZ6 rider.
I am looking forward to finding out more about whats been going on with this
very underrated bike.

Cheers, see you again.
Scoby

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Wolfman,
Scoby here. Was good to catch up with another happy FZ6 rider.
I am looking forward to finding out more about whats been going on with this
very underrated bike.

Cheers, see you again.
Scoby

Hey, Welcome aboard buddy! A new SA member! Woop! Woop!

Excuse my over-enthusiasm, but new "SA Fizzers" dont come along very often.

Hey Scoby...(i have forgotten your real name already....dont be offended, my memory is crap!), enjoyed our little chat at Yamaha Pitmans the other day....would love to catch up for a ride one day soon...

Now how about posting some pictures of your pride and joy in this thread!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/australia/17482-aussies-show-us-your-ride.html

Again, welcome!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BUMP! Surely some of you have bought some new "you beaut" gear for Spring or Summer, that you wanna tell the world about???

I just orderec a new Rego Roll up thingo, after my last "el cheapo" one disintergrated...

This time i decided to get a full alumium rool up thingo, rather than a cheap plastic one...will write up a review after it arrives, and i have put it on one of my fizzers...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Havent bought anything yet , I did however bath my summer mesh jacket yesterday it is getting a little warm for a full textile one now :D... Definately going to buy some summer gloves on the weekend as the ones from the last couple of summers are cactus , probably go with another pair of Shift Streetfighter had a good run out of the last pair :thumbup:

Im still undecided if im going to replace the AGV yet , a new visor & she is fine now :cheer: But I do really really like the look of the new OGK FF-5 in green :drool:
2571_image.jpg