The "Off Topic" thread...

I see you've been watching the site (or read in AMCN) - ha yep Nik will be there. We're filming some mx coaching clinics. So we'll see just how good he is at training me up :) We also just hired a new guy who used to hold a record for the longest ATV wheelie. I'm keen to have a spin with him sometime soon!

Here's a ripper i had sent to me Yesterday!

For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian.
View attachment 27752

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently.

Read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children.

In a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:!
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, this interview was over.

:rof::rof::rof:

I am not into Guns, but that is pure "Gold"!

:D

How romantic am i ?? :D
Hard day at work so i crack the s.... & put myself on an overtime ban ;) head for a late afternoon ride over Mt Nebo/Glorious to clear my head (really i just had an urge to ride) the warm Autumn sun settles low in the sky, the shadows grow steadily longer chilling the gully's & hollows, the peace that is the Aussie bush is awoken by the burbling, popping, gurgle that eminates from the Scorpion as you roll off the throttle into a tight left hander. With a flurry of body shifting you flick the bike in the opposite direction leaning off your ride through the following right hander , you pick up the throttle forcing a bellowing 'growl' out of the pipe work behind you, the reverb off the rockface & through the still tress bring forth a smile to your face. Time after time your left breathless at the beauty of the world around you, the glorious sunset, the sounds, the smells, the peace & love that is Motorcycling...... This was my afternoon & this is why i ride, just thought i'd share what does 'it' for me & NO im not drunk, stoned or other, just had a really top afternoon ride & it may me realise why i ride :thumbup:

Romantic =

Flowers
Cooking dinner AND loading the dishwasher without being asked

OR

riding your bike at Mt Glorious with your lovely wife on the back and watching the sunset together.

You have sooooo much to learn young Humpy ;)

Romantic =

Flowers
Cooking dinner AND loading the dishwasher without being asked

OR

riding your bike at Mt Glorious with your lovely wife on the back and watching the sunset together.

You have sooooo much to learn young Humpy ;)

:rof: Yes Master Yoda :bow:....... If only i could take Kel for a sunset ride , she finishes work to late :(. Not to mention the fact that it is to cold for her, it is freezing here at the moment. Rode to work this morning & it was only 1.3 degrees :eek: Brrrrrrrrrr, it'll be colder in a month or so..... As for dinner & dishes , i do that everyday...

that's like 1 year or 2 old, but still funny as hell :)

Have you guys seen this though?????? just came out and it's pure sickness!!!!

I have something great to reveal!

What the flip was that all about?
Something great to reveal? Chris Taylor has something great to reveal to his girlfriend & the world :eek:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLV9gPrS7E]YouTube - The Chaser's War on Everything - Divorce Proposition[/ame]

What the flip was that all about?
Something great to reveal? Chris Taylor has something great to reveal to his girlfriend & the world :eek:

:rof: sorry... that was me on the picture of the Hero :BLAA::BLAA::BLAA:

Of course, most ppl wouldn't know that on here :spank:

Well, the hunt is over! We finally bought another car today.

After 2 months of looking finally bagged a great deal (well for Perth anyway) - 08 Omega sedan 44,000kms, $17700! Excellent condition - and for once, Mike didn't buy a silver car - it's white. You have no idea how many silver cars we have had, I'm even driving a Commodore wagon now - YES SILVER!..... Pick up the new car tomorrow.

Decided against Statesman or Calais - the ones that were close to our budget had way too many kilometres on them or were not in great condition. If we wanted to spend another $15-20,000 on a car, then, yes, we would have had a late model Stato or Calais with low kilometres. But then I'd NEVER get my kitchen finished......

I'm just waiting for his next hunt now - track bike :shakehead:

Well, finally bit the bullet and ordered a PCIII last night. Been watching it on Flea-Bay and Mike talked me into it before someone else got it. $328 delivered to Aus. Pretty happy :D

Can't wait to get it and see what it can do for me :cheer:

Only prob, I HAVE TO INSTALL IT........... :eek:

Well, the hunt is over! We finally bought another car today.

After 2 months of looking finally bagged a great deal (well for Perth anyway) - 08 Omega sedan 44,000kms, $17700! Excellent condition - and for once, Mike didn't buy a silver car - it's white. You have no idea how many silver cars we have had, I'm even driving a Commodore wagon now - YES SILVER!..... Pick up the new car tomorrow.

Decided against Statesman or Calais - the ones that were close to our budget had way too many kilometres on them or were not in great condition. If we wanted to spend another $15-20,000 on a car, then, yes, we would have had a late model Stato or Calais with low kilometres. But then I'd NEVER get my kitchen finished......

I'm just waiting for his next hunt now - track bike :shakehead:

Sounds like a great deal, very low kilometres...must be like new!

Well, finally bit the bullet and ordered a PCIII last night. Been watching it on Flea-Bay and Mike talked me into it before someone else got it. $328 delivered to Aus. Pretty happy :D

Can't wait to get it and see what it can do for me :cheer:

Only prob, I HAVE TO INSTALL IT........... :eek:

You will find installation pretty easy... the more important part is getting a decent custom map done on the Dyno!

Enjoy! :D

If I can install one, you'll have no issues whatso-ever.
The instructions are amazingly good and can even be found online

Cool. I look forward to giving it a go. Mind you, I do have Mike here as back-up - I think he's just trying to make me a little more MECHANICALLY INDEPENDENT....... :rof:

GOOD LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next thing you know he'll have you out washing your own bike :BLAA:

Nah, that's NEVER gonna happen.

He now has 2 cars, 4 bikes and quad to keep clean :BLAA:

He's actually in the shed now installing a new pipe on the armchair - Beowulf s/s one........ I'm sure he'll have to wash the bike after that.

Back