Over this!

Lightning took out my satellite/modem

Cant get new dish or modem for @ 6 week :eek:

I have dial-up now..........

I could run a marathon faster than pages load now

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

Rant is NOT over :rant::rant::rant:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sorry to hear you took a hit! So long as you're okay!

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
AND I can't get 3G on my phone. So my iPhone AND iPad are dead at home too :(

There won't be much forum activity from me until mid January :(:(:(

AAARRRGGGHHH.......

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Look on the bright side Kaz....... You'll have PLENTY of reading to catch up on by then :D

Also lucky you didn't suffer the same fate we did when lightning struck our Foxtel dish... Cost us a new TV , DVD player , land line , modem , computer , monitor & 2 MP3 players that were plugged into the computer :eek:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure does!

Bad storm took out the satellite a couple of weeks ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah wont be much from yours truly either so little time to spare over here in the good ol US of A

you know i have to say the manners of new yorkers shows what a bunch of arogant little guttwrsnipes some of the younger ozzies have become

i am loving the personal respect and courtesy that i see from people from all socio/ economic groups

we could seriously do some catching up up

btw: i miss my naked wasp i saw a red 08-09 on the street in mid manhattan and felt serious pangs of envy
ride safe everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It must be that time of the year..... I haven't been around because the hard-drive in my PC fried itself on the 23rd :( & because its Christmas my local PC shop doesn't reopen till Wednesday GRRRRRRR :mad:.. I'm having withdrawals LOL & I have now been forced to catch up with you guys & the forum via the wife's horrible netbook.... I HATE these things & really don't know how people like them :shakehead:.. On a plus , come Wednesday morning i'm getting a new SSD :D

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I could import my bike to Japan, but it'd cost nearly $2K in inspections to make a Japanese bike legal to ride in Japan. :(

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It must be that time of the year..... I haven't been around because the hard-drive in my PC fried itself on the 23rd :( & because its Christmas my local PC shop doesn't reopen till Wednesday GRRRRRRR :mad:.. I'm having withdrawals LOL & I have now been forced to catch up with you guys & the forum via the wife's horrible netbook.... I HATE these things & really don't know how people like them :shakehead:.. On a plus , come Wednesday morning i'm getting a new SSD :D

I feel your pain :( I think we're shopping for a new laptop this week. I'd LOVE a Mac Pro but can't justify the cost. Another reliable Toshiba Satellite for us I think.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
The mrs got me a Samsung series 9 for my birthday she picked up half price at the good guys. It's is so compact when it's lid is shut it's crazy! It was the thinnest laptop at the time. The only problems I have with it is I upgraded to windows 8 (great to use but hard for me to get used to) and the hard drive is small but that is fixed with a portable hard drive that everything I have is on anyway. Also ultra books and the no cd drive thing is a little annoying at times.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so I went out tonight/last night with one of my best friends. We went out and got properly sauced. When I go out I will ride my bicycle as to avoid DUI, etc. Well on my way home I came upon the scence of an older man in his 60s laying on his back to the side of the bike path. He was apparently down due to a crash seein as his bike was off to the side as well. I stop and offer assistance and he assures me he is ok. He gets up and there is a 6'x6' puddle of blood on the ground and the back of his scalp/pony tail is covered in blood. I try to tell the guy about the risk of concussion and possible brain bleed, tell him the hospital is about a half mile away and to at least go get stitched up and a CT scan. I tell him I'm a doc and that it would be best if he does it as he could go to sleep and not wake up. The guy starts saying he's fine as he gets on his bike to take off. I call 911 and the guy takes off. When I talk to the lady on 911 she says if the guy doesn't want to stay put and receive care there is nothing that can be done. EFF this guy for not being a reasonable human being and at least going and getting checked out, especially if you have insurance. The guy had no helmet on and an obvious laceration to his head that was bleeding. I just heard sirens a little bit ago, as I don't live too far off the bike path and now I'm worried.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Two issues in my life at the moment causing me a lot of grief:

1 I have a bad case of the flu -I can't breathe and I feel like crap

2 Cronulla - I can't breathe and I feel like crap

:rant: :(

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Two issues in my life at the moment causing me a lot of grief:

1 I have a bad case of the flu -I can't breathe and I feel like crap

2 Cronulla - I can't breathe and I feel like crap

:rant: :(

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Must be man flu, thats the worst ;)

Get well soon Karen :thumbup:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been nearly a year since I've ridden my bike :rant::rant::rant:

I have new Ottomotto rear sets installed and Oxford heated grips and I haven't been able to try them out yet :(:(

After surgery on my arm/wrist, I still haven't ridden. I think I've built enough strength up to give it a go soon. Amazing how much my confidence has taken a hit.

This rant thread doesn't get used enough. Is everyone really that happy? LOL

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
nah My boss gives me the serious irrates.

and since I dropped my bike in the wet earlier this year I don't lean as much as I used to, I guess I hit corners a bit slower and I want to see well into them, but apart from that, I think that if the gout clears up and I lose a pound or two, all is good
ha ha

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on Zyloprim, but had a funny attack on the other foot, not even sure it is gout????
GP said do more drugs-= I'm good with that, anti-inflams this time.
the gp reckons that there is soooo much that can trigger gout that the best thing is drink more water, not necessarily cut things out, I guess coz we discussed diet in any case and not doing Gluten ( I know, that was SOOO LAST YEAR), so now no bread pasta or beer and no junk food, salts and sugars are low anyway

maybe I should give up food and just eat.....AIR,--- yes I'll eat air! its free!! and that should take care of the pound or two that I would like to dissappear

I tell ya this getting old-----SUCKS