The thread where Lone spams stuff about his new R1

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I figured rather than start a new thread every couple days when I get excited and spam the heck out of the forum, I'll just keep one thread to direct all my spamming too.

So.............:BLAA:BLAAAAAAAAA

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1491-1.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I could give you a posting ban/infraction for 10 days for spam you know :rof:

Nice bike, but if only it were a red DUCATI....

(Rossi is on Ducati now I MUST HAVE ONE....... - not selling my FZ though. Just need Prebstar to agree.............. Then again, I could start selling my Louis Vuitton handbags etc NAH :eek: Couldn't do that :shakehead: Maybe I could start selling his stuff without him knowing :sinister:.....)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So have you gotten to ride it yet?:BLAA:

P.S. I still think it's a shame they didn't have any FZ1's in the shop for you....ah well, I'm sure you'll get over it eventually...lol.:BLAA:

P.P.S. Nice bike:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol.....Lone...you post spam...never!

:BLAA:

nice bike big fella!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know the meaning of the word spam! :p

And no Ozzie I have to wait until at least April before the snow goes away enough to get out there. Though for the first two months you do have to dodge dunes of sand and gravel on the roads/corners/intersections from the winter road crews.

But an FZ1 is probably not on the horizon. Next up is probably a used KLR within a year or two. Then another year or so down the line after that I'll be picking up a new or used FJR depending on what's what at that point.

Then I'll probably buy some more bikes.

Then I'll be old and have to buy a trike, LOL.

Freaking love these things.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:D Thanks. I thought so too.

And will not be selling this bike until it is a heap of smashed up metal and molten plastic. :p Do note that it will inevitably end up that way with what I plan on doing to it lol.....no not on public roads.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:D Thanks. I thought so too.

And will not be selling this bike until it is a heap of smashed up metal and molten plastic. :p Do note that it will inevitably end up that way with what I plan on doing to it lol.....no not on public roads.

At least you admit it! :eek:

So you plan on taking the thing to the track...now that will be fun!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

:popcorn:

:D

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:p

Already priced out race plastic. $400 to cover up the front half so I don't need to worry about the main plastic and headlight assembly.

Can't wait. It's going to be the greatest thing I've ever done. (note I have done a track day/race school level I, but I mean getting into it properly finally now that I have a bike dedicated to it)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:p

Already priced out race plastic. $400 to cover up the front half so I don't need to worry about the main plastic and headlight assembly.

Can't wait. It's going to be the greatest thing I've ever done. (note I have done a track day/race school level I, but I mean getting into it properly finally now that I have a bike dedicated to it)

Do you plan to get some track riding tuiton Lone???

:thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ive already done the level 1 race school for a day. that made for a HUGE improvement. The plan right now is practice on my own with just basic track days until I get familiar with the new bike and get warmed up again after a long off-season.

then I will be taking the level 2 which is one instructor 3 students 8 hours with personalized "as you need/request" instruction. Then I will practice a bunch more, then do the level 2 again at the end of the season. By that point I should be getting halfway decent....I hope. LOL

Then the season after that in May I will try to get a racing license so I can register in some amatuer events with the EMRA (Edmonton Motorcycle Roadracing Association). They have a group for amatuers with something like 10 rounds of racing over the summer split between Stratotech here in Edmonton and Race City in Calgary. As long as you can get the racing license you can compete. And the guy who gives the licensing track exam is the same guy who did my level 1, and who will do both my level 2's.

2012!!! My child-hood dream comes true!!

I can't believe I'm actually on the way there. It was just a crazy dream.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ive already done the level 1 race school for a day. that made for a HUGE improvement. The plan right now is practice on my own with just basic track days until I get familiar with the new bike and get warmed up again after a long off-season.

then I will be taking the level 2 which is one instructor 3 students 8 hours with personalized "as you need/request" instruction. Then I will practice a bunch more, then do the level 2 again at the end of the season. By that point I should be getting halfway decent....I hope. LOL

Then the season after that in May I will try to get a racing license so I can register in some amatuer events with the EMRA (Edmonton Motorcycle Roadracing Association). They have a group for amatuers with something like 10 rounds of racing over the summer split between Stratotech here in Edmonton and Race City in Calgary. As long as you can get the racing license you can compete. And the guy who gives the licensing track exam is the same guy who did my level 1, and who will do both my level 2's.

2012!!! My child-hood dream comes true!!

I can't believe I'm actually on the way there. It was just a crazy dream.

Sounds like you are going about things the right way!

Do yourself a favour and get some decent tyre warmers Bro!

:thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol....I suck at having the patience to bring tires up to temp. I've had two offs for that reason. Race rubber might grip better but you have to baby it so much for heat-cycles etc etc. Plus I'm going to be using the same rubber on the street now and again as well.

So I'll be going with Power One's from Michellin pretty much exclusively.