Thinking about buying a 2008 YZF-R6

dont do it .. get CBR 600RR great midrange . .u will get the same engine characteristics with the R6 .. with CBR u get MIDRANGE

Unless you are going to take it to the track on a regular basis don't even consider the 07/08 R6. It is universally criticized for it's peaky motor and race-ready ergonomics on the street. You will be miserable, especially if you are 6' or taller..

Why not look at the R6S instead? Google it, lots of ++ points at a lower price, and all kinds of accessories can be added. Hell, make it naked if you want!

Fast Bikes did a comparison recently of the 600s and the R6 was towards the bottom. They loved the Triumph, go figure its British mag, and they really liked the CBR too. They said the R6 felt fastest however when they compared lap times the CBR was it. The CBR was also the most comfortable for daily riding and they loved the motor. With the R6 they had to really wring its neck, as other have said, where as the CBR just went. They did say that all 5 bikes are great but the Triuph and the CBR inspired confidence.

However.....I like how the R6 looks the best of the 5. I really like the new fairing and headlight arrangement.

Unless you are going to take it to the track on a regular basis don't even consider the 07/08 R6. It is universally criticized for it's peaky motor and race-ready ergonomics on the street. You will be miserable, especially if you are 6' or taller..

Why not look at the R6S instead? Google it, lots of ++ points at a lower price, and all kinds of accessories can be added. Hell, make it naked if you want!

I agree about getting the R6S if you're gonna ride it on the street. I had an 04 R6 (pretty much the same thing) and loved it, except for long hauls. The ideal thing to do would be to test ride one but that's not always possible. Good luck what ever you decide.

Thanks for all of the input guys. I will try to test ride it along with a Honda 600rr.

As much as I love the R6, it is, and always has been a peaky beast... I remember riding one before I got my old GSX-R, and the difference was stark. The R6 has always been seriously razor edged, and demanded more commitment than the other companies 600's... imho, the final reward may be better, but you can have more fun with less commitment on some of the other models.

These days, I'd say a CBR600RR is the pick of the current crop if you really want a Supersport bike... although the Triumph Street Triple R looks *awesome* for next year.

Agree with above posts. CBR600RR has won most of the comparisons and is supposed to be most comfortable. The new GSX600R also supposedly has decent ergos for a SS. As beautiful as the R6 looks, I think you would regret the peaky nature and ergos unles you stick to the track.

dont do it .. get CBR 600RR great midrange . .u will get the same engine characteristics with the R6 .. with CBR u get MIDRANGE

Great suggestion. Before I finally decided on the FZ6, I was extremely tempted to get the CBR 600 RR. My brother has one, and I putted around on it for a bit. I liked the way that it felt, but I loved the look and feel of the FZ6 more-so. If I were to ever give up the Z6, chances are I would make my way on over to the CBR arena.

:Sport:

X

This is just my opinion but, if I were to get a nice sport bike to mess around with on a daily basis, I think the R6S would be a good choice. It is also about $1,000 cheaper than the popular 600s. I would use this difference plus a lil bit more and buy a better seat, Helibars, saddle bags, PCIII, and exhaust. I think in the end I would have a very nice balanced sport bike more customized to my taste and more comfortable to do whatever type of riding that I want.

I think the R6S would be better for street riding. The R6 is basically a track ready bike whereas the R6S is suited more for everyday street riding. It basically has the same engine as our FZ6's. And I think the seat is more comfortable than the CBR600 and if you plan on having a passenger with you, the back seat definately feels a little softer.

Why not just save some money and mod your FZ6. It may not end up quite as fast but the fun of building it and the fact that noone has a bike exactly like yours would be worth it IMHO

Yeah that's true. I'm not too sure what will end up happening. I may end up keeping it and picking up another bike.........who knows.

I have the 2007 FZ1 and it is beyond description (I also own an 2007 R6S). The FZ1 is such a great upgrade for FZ6 riders. You'll love the power and the full suspension adjustments and you'll feel at home in the upright position.

Back