Thread designed specifically to laugh at people who are now in wintertime.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, every year it's the same thing. When it freezes over here I can't go out and ride. So I spend more time indoors and so I also spend more time on this forum. And then you have those riding reports from overseas with all those nice pictures of good weather, dry roads and other things that make me jealous. Well, now it is the other way around. Now it's almost summer here!!!
I'm going for a ride!!!:)

:ban:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Australia. Winter is merely a drier and slightly colder version of summer. The only time i don't ride is during lightening, flooding (i would use a kitten as sandbag to protect my bike from flooding if necessary) and hail. Too bad I paid $10k ride away, compared to you northern hemispherians.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, from the moment I get my insurance money. This it will be: A midnight black fz8 abs with the following options: - Engine guards, -Tankpad, -Main stand, -Licence plate holder.
I will post pictures from the moment I will get it.
:)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The weather in Virginia is excellent for riding from April-June and Sept-Oct, OK for riding in March, July, August, November. Somewhat OK for riding when the weather breaks in December and February, unsuitable most of January due to below freezing temps and maybe one or two snowfalls.

Not bad considering I live within an hour of some of the best mountain roads in the Eastern US and just a day trip to the best roads in the North Carolina Mts.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, from the moment I get my insurance money. This it will be: A midnight black fz8 abs with the following options: - Engine guards, -Tankpad, -Main stand, -Licence plate holder.
I will post pictures from the moment I will get it.
:)

Definitely do - and quote/pm me, so that I actually remember to look at it :)

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
The weather in Virginia is excellent for riding from April-June and Sept-Oct, OK for riding in March, July, August, November. Somewhat OK for riding when the weather breaks in December and February, unsuitable most of January due to below freezing temps and maybe one or two snowfalls.

Not bad considering I live within an hour of some of the best mountain roads in the Eastern US and just a day trip to the best roads in the North Carolina Mts.

Well, I think the climate here must be about the same, but the problem is they put so much salt on the roads in winter. Then I really can't get my bike out to ride. I'm jealous about those mountains. :)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
taken last night on snake pass, looking out to lady bower reservoir, had the road completely too myself, so turned around and did it again :BLAA:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the screen...?

it's a Puig "New Generation" in light smoke

only problem is after fitting my braided hoses at the weekend, the banjo bolt sticks into it, so i need to make the screen a bit wider with soem washers.

also not keen on it attaching via the pinch bolts to my forks

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
it's a Puig "New Generation" in light smoke

only problem is after fitting my braided hoses at the weekend, the banjo bolt sticks into it, so i need to make the screen a bit wider with soem washers.

also not keen on it attaching via the pinch bolts to my forks

Ah, fair enough. Where did you pick it up, and was it a decent price?

FOUND :) (edit)

Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Laugh all you like. It is winter here now, I was at Silverstone on Sunday, SUMMER in the UK and it was 10C and pouring rain. Today at home it was 18C and glorious sunshine. Winter here means clear blue skies, no rain, low temperatures but that is what warm gear is for.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, every year it's the same thing. When it freezes over here I can't go out and ride. So I spend more time indoors and so I also spend more time on this forum. And then you have those riding reports from overseas with all those nice pictures of good weather, dry roads and other things that make me jealous. Well, now it is the other way around. Now it's almost summer here!!!
I'm going for a ride!!!:)
:ban:
I hope you get your insurance money soon Philippe, it was gorgeous weather today :BLAA:

Oh, and talking about new bikes made me a bit nostalgic so I looked at some photo's of my old bikes. I had a yamaha diversion before my fz6 (called seca II in US I think) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29617613/134.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29617613/137.JPG

It had no power at all but was fun to ride. I had hyperpro front springs on it. Very comfy too. :)

it reminds me of my old bike, only mine was in surprise, surprise RED ;)