Threading Batterytender cable?

Doug

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe this is just something I need to figure out for myself . . . but how do you guys recommend I thread, fold, store, etc the battery tender quick connect cable on my FZ6 when I'm riding?

Mine is just long enough to come from the battery terminals, across to the left hand side of the battery, down the left hand side of the airbox and nestles in the gap between the fuel tank and frame (with a cable tie to stop it shaking around).

To get to it you hook it out through the gap and plug in the battery tender lead. When not in use you push it back in and there's not enough free play for it to get lost.

I've got mine routed the same way huxy does, but I added a 12-15 inch SAE extension cable to it so it would reach back under the seat to the storage area. The reason? Because I've got one of those dual battery tender lead / 12v cigarette charger plugs. This way, I can plug power my GPS from under the seat and still have access to my battery tender plug. It works great. I just zip tied everything in place and haven't had any problems.

I did the same as Huxy, but rather than zip tie it into place, I ran the cap around the clutch cable before putting the cap onto the connector. That keeps it in place and lets me easily get it out to hook it up.

Fred

I have mine routed to the LHS of the bike (as you are sitting on it) and held behind the faring with cable ties. Easy to get to after a ride.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I deliberately placed mine so that the cable from the tender goes across the bike when connected - that way I figure I'm less likely to ride off when it is plugged in!

I have mine threaded to come up in front of the handlebars and then up through the cable guide to the right of the ignition lock. It's all held in place with cable ties to the other cables. It makes it very easy to get to without haveing to open any compartments or lift the seat.

Mine is routed forward from the battery, and then dangles in the area in front of the radiator. It's a light enough cable and connector, that it doesn't do any damage to anything as it floats around up there. Easy to get to, and out of the way. It only hangs down from the area of the steering neck by about 8", so it's pretty hard to see if you don't know it's there.

From the battery, mine is routed out to the right and though the front of the frame. There is a large 'hole' on each side of the frame at the front with other cables/wires running through it. It also allows me to tuck the SAE conenctor inside this 'hole' when i'm not using it.

Back