Top 10 Most reliable bikes

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I own 3 on the list- KLR, Goldwing and deer killed FJR. No surprise most bikes were built in Japan and that BMW didn't make the list. BMW's are not as built proof as many believe but I can see how Harley made the list as most owners only ride them to the local bar.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I also had an 04 wing, 04 FJR and 04 KLR 650 as well as an 89 and 2005 KLR 250. An 01 Harley Wideglide too

I had issues with the wing and won'tr own another, the 650, no issues, just too tall and I don't know if Kawasaki ever fixed the "doo", AKA the balancer tensioner.

The FJR one electrical issue (corroded plug from water intrusion under the tank).

The Harley issue was the directionals started acting up. Turns out, the dealer that set it up programmed the computer for a "sidecar" (which I didn't have)
They re-set that correctly and didn't have any issues.

The FZ, IME, is about the most reliable of all of them, thats why I sold them all and only have the FZ now..

View attachment 66991

View attachment 66992

View attachment 66993

View attachment 66994

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol HD on the list ahead of the Japanese bikes. That alone the list has zero credibility

Not necessarily. They DID say that Harley's improved a lot over the last few years, as have many companies in their lifetimes (Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, two of the Big Three, even Kia).
I've only owned one BMW, my current rider '09 R1200 GS, and I have to admit its let me down twice, once right before a week's tour with you, and once right before my first track day. Buggers!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol HD on the list ahead of the Japanese bikes. That alone the list has zero credibility

My Wide-glide, I didn't own it but a couple of years but the gear box was MUCH smoother than the FZ and really no problems...If it had the balanced engine, I'd probably still have it...

I did have an AMF made Harley Sportster from 1979. Now that was a POS. I never pushed a motorcycle home, SEVERAL times, due to break downs (mostly electrical),. It also burned oil at 10,000 miles and the blue cloud to show for it.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I owned a cbr600f3 and had nothing but problems and a mate had an f4 with the same problems at the same mileage,neither of us will ever buy another one.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
eh, I don't know. My FZ6 has recently developed a rather loud tick at about 18,000 miles on the odometer. I've kept up on all the maintenance and what not, but it's going to be visiting the shop soon about this tick. That being said, this will be the first time it's been in a shop since I bought it when it had 1,000 miles on the odometer.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
eh, I don't know. My FZ6 has recently developed a rather loud tick at about 18,000 miles on the odometer. I've kept up on all the maintenance and what not, but it's going to be visiting the shop soon about this tick. That being said, this will be the first time it's been in a shop since I bought it when it had 1,000 miles on the odometer.

Hopefully its just a valve adjustment...

broody

Reaction score
Visit site
My fz6 has only 8k km,so no issues obviously. I still have my fzr250 1987 in the garage, couple of wear issues and the engine hesitates sometimes but it would still start every morning to get to work last year. The main reason why I would eventually switch to Honda is because they keep making more inline 4s and their entry level bikes always seem to have their suspension set up slightly better than on similar category yamahas.