Trip to UK in June - advice wanted!

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck on your trip tomorrow (if all is going according to plan), hope you have a great one :thumbup: .

I know it's too little too late but here's a website I saw today for Motorbikes in scotland, it also has several recommended routes.

Have a good time and don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back :rockon:

Thanks! My holidays started today and everything is packed now so I'm ready to go in the morning. I'll have a look at the link, there's still time to load some routes to the GPS unit. Let's see if I can post some updates already during the trip :Flash:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Not much to write about yet, 2 days of riding thru Finland and Sweden and an overnight ferry in between. It has been quite wet for half of the time, anyways I've been able to keep quite a nice average pace. Tomorrow to ferry and then UK, here I come!

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot this, a Chihuahua riding on a Vespa! The owner told that the little guy had already been on 30tkm's of various trips.... This time they were going to a Vespa meeting in Belgium. The dog had a matching riding suit and a helmet with the owner.

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot this, a Chihuahua riding on a Vespa! The owner told that the little guy had already been on 30tkm's of various trips.... This time they were going to a Vespa meeting in Belgium. The dog had a matching riding suit and a helmet with the owner.

A vespa with a chihuahua, tassels and a trailer :eek: he must have a lot of time to do his trips :thumbup:

Keep us updated with your progress :thumbup:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Is Ireland on the cards

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I haven't decided yet, it will be either Ireland or Isle of Man. So far I've made it to Perth and the trip has been great! Nice weather, lots of great roads and sceneries, lots of nice people. Yesterday I visited Goathland and Whitby, then a trip around the Yorkshire TT route and then to Newcastle to stay the night.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
One photo from the eastern side of the tt route.

ahuqu6an.jpg

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm happy to hear that the weather's OK as in my experience that's the only thing that can really detract from the stunning scenary in Yorkshire.

When I was 15 I did a 3 week cycling holiday around Yorkshire and loved it :thumbup:

Although both my parents are from that area I often went on Holidays there to visit family, but never actually lived there.

Have fun :rockon:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Today: Perth-Ballater-Aberlour-Elgin-Inverness. It was even more fun than the Yorkshire area as you can keep up quite a good pace and there were lots of fast and tight corners with good visibility. I'd say I have enjoyed the roads here more than the ones in Alps, and that is quite a lot to say. Today it is time to celebrate the Midsummer Solstice with a few beers and whiskies here in Inverness :) Here's a pic from somewhere between Perth and Ballater.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I visited ~5 whisky distilleries as well along the Whisky trail. The favorite one from these areas being Macallan.
Oh and the weather has been quite ok today too, it only rained about 15mins near Inverness.

Last edited:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Tomorrow I'll probably head to Skye, and from there southwards. I will definitely visit Islay as well and spend about two days there.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I visited ~5 whisky distilleries as well along the Whisky trail. The favorite one from these areas being Macallan.
Oh and the weather has been quite ok today too, it only rained about 15mins near Inverness.

Tomorrow I'll probably head to Skye, and from there southwards. I will definitely visit Islay as well and spend about two days there.

Have fun celebrating the winter solstice :rockon:

Well it sounds like things are getting better, moving from the Speysides onto the Islays ;)

Chickenz

Big Wide B*****d
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm working tomorrow so no ride out for me :( 3rd day in a new job so pulling a sicky for me.

If you let me know where abouts you're staying we could arrange to at least say hello? If it's at a decent time in the morning?

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm working tomorrow so no ride out for me :( 3rd day in a new job so pulling a sicky for me.

If you let me know where abouts you're staying we could arrange to at least say hello? If it's at a decent time in the morning?

Hi, I'm staying at the Glen Mhor hotel until 11am.

Last edited:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Just arrived at Applecross for lunch. Wow, that road was quite amazing! The weather wasn't the greatest as the visibility on the top was maybe 50 meters but on the lower parts it was ok.

Chickenz

Big Wide B*****d
Reaction score
Visit site
Life conspired to not let me get away till just after 11 this morning. Glad you enjoyed the road to Applecross even though the weather is horrendous today.

Shame it wasn't possible to meet but enjoy the rest of Scotland and keep it shiny side up.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Life conspired to not let me get away till just after 11 this morning. Glad you enjoyed the road to Applecross even though the weather is horrendous today.

Shame it wasn't possible to meet but enjoy the rest of Scotland and keep it shiny side up.

Thanks! Yep the rest of today's riding (including the return trip from Applecross) was in heavy rain so I got to Kyle of Lochalsh to stay the night. At least the riding gear got a good wash :)