Trip to UK in June - advice wanted!

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I visited the Talisker distillery. The weather was horrible but the distillery and the sceneries were great! When nearing Oban the weather got quite nice already, and Oban seems quite a nice place. Tomorrow to Islay....

Pic from a Commando memorial near Fort William. Quite a scenery there.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Islay's great! I had a tour in Laphroaig distillery and collected the rent for my square foot of Islay. I also visited Lagavulin and my favourite one, Caol Ila. The sceneries are once again pretty stunning here.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow thanks for the pics, got me jealous now, Some of my favourite whiskys :drool:

I've Always wondered with that 1 square foot of Islay, does that give you rights to a Scottish passport :BLAA:

Have fun and enjoy!!!

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Is Ireland on the cards

Nelly

I decided to skip both the Islay and Isle of Man for now as it's starting to feel I've seen quite many islands for one trip already :) So back in England now, in Carlisle for overnight stay and then heading south/southeast.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to skip both the Islay and Isle of Man for now as it's starting to feel I've seen quite many islands for one trip already :) So back in England now, in Carlisle for overnight stay and then heading south/southeast.

so are you going to the lake district? (south/south west) I think if the weather is reasonable that's a nice area.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
so are you going to the lake district? (south/south west) I think if the weather is reasonable that's a nice area.

Probably I'll ride southwards thru that area. Thanks for the advice, also one biker at a roadside cafe gave me the same tip :)

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site

The landscape there was really nice as was the weather as well :) I took a route from northwest to Keswick and through the area southwards.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice, I went to the Lake District a few years ago for 4 days, even though it was wet it's still a stunning place!

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
So Isle of Man, Ireland and the Normandy beaches fell out of the trip plan, but Friday to Sunday in Nurburgring, touristenfahrten open for all of those days, that can't be too bad either :) I was lucky to get the same great accomodation I used 2 yrs ago (Pension Sonnenwende) for the weekend.

Last edited:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
In the Eifel mountains now :) This place is just filled with twisty roads in great condition and with lovely scenery. Yesterday I visited quickly the Stonehenge too and to Calais for overnight stay. If it doesn't rain I will take a few laps on the Ring as well in addition to local country roads (I'll leave back north on Sunday morning). Here's a pic from close to Kelberg.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm off on my euro trip next Saturday, we go near the ring but no laps for us. Heading up the B500 which is a awesome road!!

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm off on my euro trip next Saturday, we go near the ring but no laps for us. Heading up the B500 which is a awesome road!!

Have fun on your trip! I did two laps today and it is one heavily intense experience! This was my second time here so I was able to keep a pretty nice pace around the lap. Some nice cars there too as always :)

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
So it's been a fun day on the Eifel mountain area + lots of pics taken on the sides of the Nordschleife. There was some rain in the morning but the weather got better. Some helmet cam video from the local roads as well. Tomorrow I will start heading back home, it will be 3 ~600km days and two nights spent on ferries.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Two 600km days later I'm now on the ferry back to Finland. Only 5 minutes of rain :) The steering head bearing needs to be changed when I get back home, it has started to feel clunky after yesterday. At the same time, the bike passed 50000km. Yesterday it was quite empty on the Autobahn so outside the Nurburgring the trip's top speed is now 204km/h according to gps.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Back home a few hours ago and I feel quite tired :) Last 300km I was all soaking wet even with the Goretex gear on. Anyway it was a really great trip! Here are the numbers from the gps unit. I'll arrange some kind of photo gallery later....

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Last year coming back from Germany we got caught in some torrential rain, luckily most of my gear kept me dry. Only my gloves failed. Had to use the plastic petrol station gloves as liners :D

Look forward to the photos.