• Get new Triumph Street Triple

Votes: 73 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'll probably get banned from the forum but here's what I'm thinking about for my next bike.
3286711182_2b1ea0ef8f_o.jpg

:thumbup:

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Two coworkers have F800ST's. Nice bike. Not selling very well in the states though. I though BMW finally hit the nail on the head with a 800cc ST.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, this thread is back from the dead! The BMW is a sweet bike, just not what I'm looking for. I like the look and performance of the Triumph Street Triple better.:thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
The Triumph Street Triple is a sweet bike, but if it were my money I'd be getting a Daytona 675:rockon:

Gotta love the sound of a strung out 3 cylinder.

It's the same strung out 3 cylinder motor as the Daytona, just a naked bike. I prefer the naked look. The daytona is a damn good looking bike though.

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
Im getting rid of my fz6 and picking up an 09 daytona 675. cant wait! Faster 600 out there, now also entered in the moto gp:)

DecepticonDon

Reaction score
Visit site
Last year, like yourself, had a totalled FZ6 and was searching for another. I was scouring the web for a good deal on a used FZ. On a whim, I started looking at other bikes, pricing them to see what I could get.
I decided to get something other than the FZ. Since I had the chance and a $5000 check for my totalled bike, It was time to move on.
Long story short, I bought A Triumph Daytona 675. The engine has low-end power like you wouldn't believe. And smooth...there is hardly any engine vibration.
I would definitely take the oppurtunity to get a different bike. Why not?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Last year, like yourself, had a totalled FZ6 and was searching for another. I was scouring the web for a good deal on a used FZ. On a whim, I started looking at other bikes, pricing them to see what I could get.
I decided to get something other than the FZ. Since I had the chance and a $5000 check for my totalled bike, It was time to move on.
Long story short, I bought A Triumph Daytona 675. The engine has low-end power like you wouldn't believe. And smooth...there is hardly any engine vibration.
I would definitely take the oppurtunity to get a different bike. Why not?

Nice, the Street Triple has the exact same motor as the Daytona. I've found a few in my area, it's just a matter of time now.

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I googled it...

I found this...

StreetTriple_overview_main_2008.jpg

... and something happened to me that hasn't happened since the age of twelve or so in my cousins shed with the cute blonde from over the road.

If I ever get one of these bikes, I shall be in a state of permanent groin spasm.

Fazrrr Girl

Reaction score
Visit site
Triumph Street Triple was top of my list of bikes I considered before I bought the Fazer, and I was really hoping I'd like the Triumph best as my other half has a Triumph and we were going to join our local Rat Pack together. However......... absolutely hated it! Didn't help that they gave me the R version to test ride, and apparently someone had taken it to a track day and stiffened up the front suspension considerably, but it wasn't just that it tried to throw me off at every little bump in the road...... I just didn't get that feeling that yes, this is the one. No regrets at all at buying the Fazer. And yes, Triumph servicing and accessories are ridiculously expensive.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
+1

2 and 1/2 years and 18,500 miles on my FZ when I cashed it.
Yes, good timing indeed.
I'm on
http://triumph675.net/
Not as many people as on this site, but lots on info and even a dedicated Street Triple section.

Nice! Same screen name on there, or a different one? I'll likely use the same one, so keep an eye out for me over the next few months.:thumbup:

MCFC21

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would go for the Triumph speed Triple , saw one Friday in a local bike shop 09 in bright orange ,,,,,super machine , expensive though to buy and maintain , Killer on Insurance here as well.

Not sure what the street triple sounds like , think its a 3 cylinder

my Fz6 N is naked so I like the naked look...Happy hunting:thumbup: