Twin lights mod - rewired!!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so to save face I've rewired my BD43 twin light mod, hopefully the right way this time! Now I understand why the wire is so long...:rolleyes:

Here's a few pics of the correct wiring route. OK, I screwed up the first time but maybe this will keep others from doing the same thing. I don't mind being the example.

When you take the front fairings off (which I've done several times but never really paid attention to the wiring), you will see a wire cluster leaving the frame in front of the battery compartment and routing to the left, inside the fairing. This is where to route the cable (see white cable ties). At the front, I routed the cable up and behind the instrument panel, then back out the right side and down to the right headlight fixture. It's just long enough and completely hidden.

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

Now have a good Canadian beer and relax...

IMG_2616.jpg

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good Dean! :thumbup:

In case anyone was wondering, I had removed my fairing when I did my head bearings so I had to cut my wire harness to do so. I added a connector at the cut location to redo the termination.

The faring will be easier to remove in the future.;)

watermark.php

The wire harness was routed along the same track as the factory harness shown in the picture.

P.S. There is no wrong way of routing this wire, as the end result is the same. :D

Cheers!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
...I rode around with this for a while and didn't hear any rattling or buzzing so I guess it's secure. Looks a lot better when I pull up behind someone and see the front end in the reflection too!