Well Hell!

W

wrightme43

Lucas (IPILOT) and I met up this morning and went on a nice ride. KY 63 is called the roller coaster. Great riding road. WELLLLLLLL today yes today, was teh roller coaster yardsale. You heard it right, the roller coaster yard sale. Much sitting and waiting for yahoos, and one special redneck that would slow from 60 to 5mph to brouse every sale from his truck. For like 15 miles.

Anyway, we went to Dovies world famous hamburger stand. They deep fry thier burgers. They were closing as we got there around 1230 because they had sold over 1000 burgers and had went thru all 130 lbs of ground beef they get a day. Its a tiny hole in the wall with no room thats constantly packed.

Anyway, we rode on home, stopped and Lucas bought some 194 amber LED bulbs, and we put them in his podlights with the old sockets I had from my bike.
He was pulling out of the driveway, as I pulled my bike in the garage.
I DIDNT PUT THE FREAKING KICK STAND DOWN.
Bike falls on my left leg trapping it and making it go POP!, right let shifts forward into the frameslider hard enough to make it bleed and raise a huge welp on my shin, left is cut from something I dont know.

I JUST JUST less than a week ago fixed the stupid tank from where I crashed in JUNE!!! Now I have a huge dent in the other side.
My hips hurt, both my knees hurt, and both my shins hurt and are bleeding.

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! It really really really hurts bad. :confused:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
omg Wright. That sounds horrible, hope your legs are better soon. Sorry to hear about the damage, to you and your bike.:(

W

wrightme43

It sucks monkey teste though. If it hadnt of fallen on the shop vac, I would of wacked my head on my tool box alot harder. As it was it barely bumped it. Also my helmet was sitting there and would of been mashed too.

I had changed out of my gear into work clothes cause we were working on his upper fairing in the kitchen. I had normal crappy shoes on too. I may of saved it if I had my boots on, I know I wouldnt of been hurt as much if I had gear on.
Isnt that crazy. Gear would of saved my legs if I had worn it to put the bike from the driveway to the garage.
ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

I know I am lucky. It could of been much much much worse, but OUCH!!! It hurts so freaking bad right now.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your legs Steve, hope they mend real soon.
The dent in your tank can be fixed, as you've already found out, but that sucks big time too :(

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dam Steve! Sorry to hear about the mishap! I hope it's nothing too bad and you heal fast!

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure none of us really think consciously about putting the kickstand down. Some sort of muscle memory causes us to do it. I suppose if you get distracted somehow, you the muscle memory might fail you. We should make checking the kickstand a part of "post flight checklist."

W

wrightme43

Thats the thing. I am like obsessive about making sure its down, in gear, letting out the clutch, pushing against the gears to make sure that the only way it can roll is to make the kick stand stay down. I have a cold, so I guess that is what my brain was doing instead of what it was supposed to be doing.

Oh well. It is down to a dull ache now. two aleve and a theraflu later. LOL

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well thats the fastest way to ruin a good day. Sorry to hear about the damage to the bike and yourself. Take your time and heal up. We all make a stupid mistake every now and again. Just gives you an excuse to work on the bike :thumbup: