Well Hell!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! It really really really hurts bad. :confused:[/QUOTE]

DAMN Indy, where doesn't it hurt?

You doing better today?

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, how did your bike do so much damage to you??? It doesn't look that heavy (that's your bike in your avatar right?). j/k :D

But seriously, as everyone else, sorry to hear about what happened! I'm so paranoid with kickstands... I did something similar with my other bike. I did kick it down, but not all the way. It was at a 90 degree angle straight down and could have gotten pushed forward a little more. When I looked down at it, it sure looked all the way out. So I begin to lean the bike to the left and the kickstand gives out and goes back up. Yup, next thing I know the bike falls over on my left leg... painful. I now kick it forward like 2-3 times to make sure it's all the way out... every time lol.

I am glad to see that your first focus was yourself. I know you said you were in lots of pain (it's hard to ignore that), but so many people ignore themselves and put all their focus on "their baby" (OMG my bike had a dent in it!!!). You talked about wishing you had your gear on... maybe you would have saved your legs... that's great. I know motorcycles can be expensive and it's very frustrating to see something happen to them... but they are replaceable! WE AREN'T!!!

Thanks for sharing your story... it has once again reminded me of that stupid kickstand lol. Hope everything heals back up to tip-top shape quickly! :thumbup:

-Taso

NJ GUS

Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer dude. I hope all is OK. The wife and me pulled into the garage a while back. She was on hers and my daughter and me on my ElectraGlide. I tried to put the cruiser on the center stand with me straddling it and my daughter still on the back. She decided to get off just as I was balancing and everything went wrong. The Harley ended parked on the Ridley with all three of us on top and my left foot underneath. I had to call my oldest on my cell to come out and help stand the Harley up.

No damage but a good lesson. I always get off with the bike on the side stand THEN put it up on the centerstand.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude! That just plain sucks.

You probably just stretched a tendon or two. I'm no medical professional but I've done that more than twice....ice everything for the first 48 hours. Then switch to alternating heat and ice. You'll be fine in a week. Sorry man.

W

wrightme43

Thats my lady nurse friend told me too. They work fine now, just wobbly and hurt, especially if I squat down, like I have to see the huge freaking impression of the top of a shop vac in my tank.

I have a radiator cover print in a can of safety yellow paint that used to paint some motorcycle parking only signs at the clubhouse. LOL

You know if that stuff hadnt been there it would of been bad. I also missed the dirty 55 gallon aquarium, stand and canopy that was given to me the other day by inches with the back of the bike.

Thanks for all the concern I really appreciate it.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry to hear dude, one of my fears, i would still be crying. I dread the first time i damage a bike, the bond we form with a inatamit object. Heal soon .

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lucas (IPILOT) and I met up this morning and went on a nice ride. KY 63 is called the roller coaster. Great riding road. WELLLLLLLL today yes today, was teh roller coaster yardsale. You heard it right, the roller coaster yard sale. Much sitting and waiting for yahoos, and one special redneck that would slow from 60 to 5mph to brouse every sale from his truck. For like 15 miles.

Anyway, we went to Dovies world famous hamburger stand. They deep fry thier burgers. They were closing as we got there around 1230 because they had sold over 1000 burgers and had went thru all 130 lbs of ground beef they get a day. Its a tiny hole in the wall with no room thats constantly packed.

Anyway, we rode on home, stopped and Lucas bought some 194 amber LED bulbs, and we put them in his podlights with the old sockets I had from my bike.
He was pulling out of the driveway, as I pulled my bike in the garage.
I DIDNT PUT THE FREAKING KICK STAND DOWN.
Bike falls on my left leg trapping it and making it go POP!, right let shifts forward into the frameslider hard enough to make it bleed and raise a huge welp on my shin, left is cut from something I dont know.

I JUST JUST less than a week ago fixed the stupid tank from where I crashed in JUNE!!! Now I have a huge dent in the other side.
My hips hurt, both my knees hurt, and both my shins hurt and are bleeding.

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! It really really really hurts bad. :confused:
What a lovely hall of shame story Steve lol.
I hope you are pain free soon buddy.

Take care

Nelly

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Steve, I still couldn't believe it when you texted me last night about the drop. I am really sorry man, this sucks that just when I pulled off your driveway all this happened. It was a whole fun day man with our rollercoaster yard sale, sitting on the bikes waiting for the people to see where they wanted to spend their money on around all that used stuff, deep fried burgers, working on my pot lights.... anyways man... I really appreciate all your help and as always, you are the man!

I really hope you feel better soon! We need to go to that ride next weekend!

-- Lucas

Working on "pot lights" eh?!?!? ....lol......Dont get busted!

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
See that's another thing synthetic oil does to ya!
Jus kidd'n. Sorry to hear it - but the "pop" is what I'm worried about!
Did the same thing w/my Sportster awhile back & it weighed 560#. Whipped me to the grn'd & banged my head - had a helmet on tho'. Nothing hurt then.
Let us know about the knee!

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gees Man, I was stunned. I really feel for you, man. I hope everything heals up well for you.

Most of the time when I push my bike into the garage, the thought goes through my mind that I might forget to put down the kick stand and drop my bike. But of course it will only happen when I don't think about it.

I can only imagine how bummed you feel.