went to buy a pair of mesh over-pants &...

milo

Reaction score
Visit site
bought a 2008 FZ6, too.
i was going to wait a few months -- really -- i was.
but something overtook my brain and body, and there
i was signing paperwork. hmmm.

picking it up after work on Wednesday.

how am i going to explain this to Blue (my 03 Triumph Bonneville America.)
she's never had a full time stable mate before.;)

Well you know, you did have the credit card out so what the heck??? Congrats on the new ride, I'm sure it will get along well with it's across-the-pond cousin. :thumbup:

Good thing you didn't come home with a G string instead...

Ohh doesnt "impulse buying" feel great!! I had no plans to buy my FZ6 (even though I have been researching and shopping prices). Walked in and told the guy that I was "just looking", he shot me a price that was $600.00 less than the cheapest place online....

Uhh drove home, got the cash and rode it home that afternoon.

I made up for the good deal with all the mods, gear, etc that you need $$$$$$:thumbup:

Congrats on the FZ you're getting! How do you like your Bonneville? I've always liked the looks of those... looks like a fun lbike.

Congrats on the FZ you're getting! How do you like your Bonneville? I've always liked the looks of those... looks like a fun lbike.

it's a bonneville america that i have modded into a speedmaster; with a wheel, front brake, handlebar and riser conversion kit. irun a 16 tooth sprocket on the front, bub pipes, avon venoms, and other assorted goodies.

i absolutely love it. we've gone over 30, 000 wonderful miles and will do many more. a couple of trips to the mountains of North Georgia and North Carolina, a trip around Lake Superior; which door to door, from new haven, ct was 3988 miles. what a great time. i did that last summer and my last trip to Georgia was last month (april into may.)

amazing handling, takes the tight reduced radius twisties with incredible finesse. it is the amazing handling of that bike that made me realize there is a whole other side to riding out there. hence, my sport bike lust.

shame on Triumph though. i really wanted the new Street Triple. had all my fingers and toes crossed that when the specs were released to the public, i would find the bike to be low enough for me. but it was not.

i had my mind focused on the Buell xb12cg after that. tried to find a test ride on my way down to GA. that didn't pan out. made arrangements to ride one when i got back to CT and got &^$)&*& around by a dealership in this state.

that's when i went to the dealer where i bought my triumph and looked at Hondas and Yamahas. did some research, went back rode the FZ6. that was on May 8. i put the thought aside for a bit, and the rest is, well, you know...i went to buy a pair of mesh over-pants &

wanted to do 100 before bringing the FZ home. major deluge turned it into a 45 mile ride instead. 35 of it in major rain.

i can say it handles magnificently well in the rain -- even with cozmoline (sp) residue on the tires. this bike weighs 125 less than my Triumph. incredibly flickable. looking forward to a great ride in better conditions.

i do not like the grips at all.

better report and pics after the next ride...oh and clean up too.

PS: i think i'm gonna like having two bikes in the garage...ya know, like twocatsintheyard...

Last edited:
Back