What did you do with your bike today?

Said goodbye to the FZ1& R6 as I head off to Taos for a week of skiing!

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

I rode mine;

Neutral Bay > Richmond > Lithgow > Jenolan Caves > Goulburn > Neutral Bay

~550km
7.5 hours
3 servos
Rained on 3 times
Passed 3 cops (1 very close shave)
1000+ bugs
1x very sore ass

Awesome day though

Took a look at it in the front of the garage - could only see the tires due to the cover. We still have snow on the ground here!

- looking at the bike with a smile on my face:rolleyes:
- taking it for a perfect satisfactory ride
- taking him back (yes it's a "he") in one piece
- checking the tires for any sharp objects
- lubing the chain
- cleaning the rims
- cleaning the engine
- checking the electronics (indicators, stoping lights, etc)
- putting it back into my garage with a sheet over it to protect it from fly-sh*t

I rode my bike on I-35W in Ft Worth to Hwy 121, and Hwy 183 in the mid cities in DFW for the first time...It was a 60 mile round trip on the roads that were the most frighting to me...The wind was 15-20 mph out of the south, so that was another fear I kicked in the rear...

The lil Ninja is helping my confidence...On the highway she run 80mph at 9000rpm with a redline at 13000 in the wind...I can't wait to see how the FZ6 will ride...

-Painted my exhaust cover matte black :D
-FINALLY finished up changing my spark plugs (forgot to tighten down some bolts when I was putting everything back together and shot myself in the foot trying to figure out what was wrong for a week :ban:)
-modified my air box and replaced the air filter, not with anything special, unfortunately :(
-went for a nice long ride around town and surrounding parts with my girlfriend :thumbup:

finally got that stupid bolt I snapped off during my TB install off the bike and replaced it with a new bolt so I could finish off the install. I also got my new license plate from the DMV (only took 2 months) so I finished the electrical wiring for the plate lights for the F/E kit

Pulled her out of the garage and she started right up. A little chilly, but what the heck, went for quick ride down the street and back.

Came back home and went inside and got geared up. Took a nice 1.5 hour ride to nowhere and back. I've got a smile on my face.

I actually took my inaugural ride on my newly-purchased 2008 FZ6. Rode about 100 miles & got thoroughly soaked in a strong thunderstorm that came up late in the day. Yesterday I installed Michelin Pilot Powers on the FZ6 & they handled the wet with great aplomb (fun in the dry too!). I just sold a BMW F800ST & don't feel like I've "given up" anything in the move to the FZ6. . . that is, except for about $5000 difference in cost!!

This is a fantastic motorcycle & I look forward to really putting some miles on it.

IMG287.jpg

Friday six of us drove through the hills and down the coast of Wales in the sunshine- did about 180 miles. Yesterday I did another 100 seeing my brother in law off the premises half way back to his place through mid Wales- cant beat these roads

Friday I finally got around to selling my Buell. I also put a newer, bigger, tank pad on FZ6 and slapped a blue strip right below my plate...(hope it helps me with the bike as it has with the cager)

Whilst cleaning my bike I noticed that the outside rear pad had worn down to almost nothing. The inside pad had lots of meat left on it.
With the help of a Haynes manual I installed some EBC brake pads.
I have never changed pads before. It took about half an hour and I am well chuffed.

Nelly:thumbup:

I actually took my inaugural ride on my newly-purchased 2008 FZ6. Rode about 100 miles & got thoroughly soaked in a strong thunderstorm that came up late in the day. Yesterday I installed Michelin Pilot Powers on the FZ6 & they handled the wet with great aplomb (fun in the dry too!). I just sold a BMW F800ST & don't feel like I've "given up" anything in the move to the FZ6. . . that is, except for about $5000 difference in cost!!

This is a fantastic motorcycle & I look forward to really putting some miles on it.

I can relate to the bad weather so I opted not to ride. . . No insurance yet. . .
$4300 for an 08 w/4150miles. . .

Here's to some good times ahead! Enjoy!

Rode my bike in the Ft Worth mix master (I35 to hwy121) at night for the first time...:steve:

I'm filling like a real motorcycle rider every day...:rockon:

A thorough wash, inspection, oil and filter are on the schedule today as well as some pictures that don't involve a cell phone! lol

Back