What do FZ6 riders graduate to in bikes?

My first bike was a brand new FZ6:

up2.jpg

I sold it after one year, and I'm now riding a FJR1300:

03_fjr_ps.jpg

02_fjr_ps.jpg

I'll hang on to it for a little while longer :)

motor scooter

My next bike will likely be a quality motor scooter in the 300cc range.
I have been studying them and trying a few out in the last couple of years.
I am surprised at how well these things run and how much fun they are.

Re: motor scooter

My next bike will likely be a quality motor scooter in the 300cc range.
I have been studying them and trying a few out in the last couple of years.
I am surprised at how well these things run and how much fun they are.

Any photos???

r1 or yamaha vmax.
Kind of a split of which direction to head in.
More sport :rockon:eek:r More touring:cheer:.

Vmax might be otherwise good for touring, but with the small tank (4 gal) and 27 mpg consumption one would have to stop for a refill quite often ;)

I think that I would stay mid-size and, perhaps, go with a Street Triple R. It's nearly impossible to stay at the speed limit with the FZ6 so I can't imagine going to liter bike.

I sat on the new Ninja 1000 and my heels hit the mufflers with the balls of my feet on the pegs, my normal position. Haven't seen the Honda CB1000R but I like the design.

So, maybe when the STR gets an update in 2012 or 13 I'll think about it. For now, the FZ6 stays. I just have my first ride on my "Spencer'd" saddle and it feels much better. New tires (PR2CTs) last year and a "new" seat this year, that should keep the new bike urge at bay for a while.

Tim

+1 on the Multistrada (prior generation with the Ohlins) or the Triumph Tiger 1050

Again, same category that is.....

+1 on woldman's sentiments about "graduating"

I dont' think my FZ is going anywhere anytime soon.

My next bike may be a z1000 rode one and loved it, unless Yamaha put the cross plane motor in the fz1 then as long as it's comfortable and has that bad ass exhaust note there wont be much affordable competition.

FZ1, especially if you had such a "love affair" with the FZ6. The FZ1 is all that and a bag o' chips! Who couldn't love this beast?

attachment.php

FZ1, 1125R, R6. Sold the 1125. The R6 is a blast on the track!

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

i have been really thinking about trading my 06 fz6 for either a 07-09 cbr 600rr, or a 06-07 honda cbr 1000rr, but to tell you the truth the fz6 serves me well, and does everything i need it to do (commuting). but i think i will be getting more into the supersports in the future:BLAA:

Apparently I have same taste as quite a few people on here. I've made up my mind finally on what bike I am getting next. It will be a Ducati 848evo and keeping the FZ6, cant get rid of her, shes been very good to me :D

I've always been in love with the MV Agusta Brutale!!! Just like everything about it, except the price tag!! :eek:

2008-mv-agusta-brutale-10_800x0w.jpg

Last edited:
Back