What do you really think of the FZ6

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone in another forum is "Thinking" of buying an FZ6 but wants to know what FZ6 riders really think of the bike, this includes the FZ6R as well.

As many replies as possible, as quick as possible please. Even if it is only a few words. If you want to post your best pic, all the better.

Steve :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great Ergonomics , head turning looks and mind blowing performance :D.......A whole lot of bike for very little $$$ , best bang for buck anywhere on the planet :thumbup:

mlevins77

Needs beer
Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic bike! I've ridden cruisers, touring bikes, dirt bikes and the infamous crotch rockets...by far the best bike all around I've been on. When you couple that with some great lines, easy to work on assembly and the fact that I don't get a tired a$$ until hour 6...I'm in love. :rockon:

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Comfortable, versatile, great performance if you willing to run above 10K RPMs, All around great bike for the money. ONly down side is the lack of adjustability in suspension.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking of buying?????/ hey is really wasting his time:spank: You got to buy it right away..thats what I am talking abt.
ITs a complete package...wanna ride in a stripe/track..or just cruise in the freeway..or through it in the windy roads during the weekends..or u just wanna commute...its perfect..best of all..you get all of this with over 50miles a gallon mileage...how is that!!! Last but not the least..this isnt a wallet burner ...it sells at reasonable price:rockon:
In short if you dont buy it..cant be a bigger LOSER!!!!!!!No offense;)

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, its a great bike. You cant beat it for sport/touring or commuter. If your looking for long distance touring it can work but would need some tweaking.

Then their is the standard gripes:

1. Buzzy at 5k rpm
2. Front forks are so-so.
3. Seat is terrible for anything over an hour
4. Many people have wind buffeting issues with the stock screen

Of these all are fixable with aftermarket parts except the buzziness. I am making this into my sport-touring bike with some great aftermarket stuff and its still less money than anything that comes close.

That being said, I am in love with the Triumph Street Triple R. But thats WAY more money and really is not for touring at all.

*edit* Laff, crazybiker, that sure is one sweet ride. Its not just the upfront costs that will hurt though, Triumph bikes cost bucks for repairs and service.

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
For the money, unbeatable. Has everything I want, its fun, fast, practical, and cheap: 50+mpg, 200 mile tank range. Reliable too according to others, I've had no issues. The ergonomics are great, it looks fantastic - especially in black. ;)

For reference, my last two bikes were a Triumph Speed Four and a Ducati Monster 1000.

I would have this over both of them, without doubt.

Issues. The levers need changing, I used Pazzo's, brilliant. There is some buzz through the bars, I found Thunderace bar ends significantly improved this. I don't have a problem with the screen or the seat.

I really don't see any other bike coming close for the money.

Reaction score
Visit site
Pro's - 2006 only
Fast - excellent horse power (94) for a 600 cc
Nimble - immediate response on command
Range - approx 40 mpg
Style - Love the Blue Black
Price - got it for $5500 with two jackets, two sets of golves, saddle bags, and tank bag.

Con's
Seat - will numb the rear assets in less then an hour
1 to 2 gear change - clunky at low RPM, smoother over 5K

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
It's low maintenance, easy to work on, comfortable (I honestly think the stock seat is very good!), and an amazing value for the $$$. You can cruise on the highway or rev it up and tear through the twisties.

Brakes and handling are excellent, although it would be nice to be able to have a more adjustable suspension.

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
absolutely love the bike. had thoughts about trying something different and new for this coming riding season,(even had a thread on here contemplating a gixxer) but after my first week of riding most days, that thought has drifted and the appreciation for my FZ6 has grown back!

if it's the right bike for the right person, you wont regret it. and the fz6 i would say is the most widely right bike for most riders out there.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I went from a Cruiser (Maxim) to a FZ6 (sport touring) to a ZX-6R (crotch rocket). The FZ6 is probably the best bike out there for everyday riding. Maintenance is simplified because of the center stand and and NO FAIRINGS to remove. Grab handles help so much with maneuvering around tight spaces and also serves to hold touring bags with bungee chords. Comfortable seat with decent storgage space underneath ( I can probably only carry a snickers bar under the ZX-6R's seat). Large gas tank with great mileage means more touring. As performance goes, the FZ6 has more than enough power for every day riding and even for two-up riding. Tight parking lot maneuvers are much easier on the FZ6 compared to my other two bikes.

Honestly, everybody says they want this bike or they want that bike, but what they NEED is an FZ6!

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Comfy ergos, plenty of power, nice styling, great mpg, centerstand.

It's a simple, semi-faired moto that one can personalize -- as you can see from the variations on this site alone. Wanna go nekkid, no problem. Wanna tour with it, yup, you can do that. Wanna go rip around the track, uh huh, we got that...

I don't feel any vibration on the bike. And there are times when I'm just really amazed at how smooth this little bike is. And that realization often comes to me as I'm cruising at highway speeds of 80-85 mph. I do get that annoying clutch lever buzz at about 5k, but no vibes through the bars to the hands.

Gripes: I wish someone could figure out a way to make mirrors that wouldn't just give me a good view of my elbows.
The stock seat blows.
The lo-buck suspension bits are a bit of a let-down, but understandable from the point of view of overall bang for the buck. If we got nicer, adjustable components, we'd have to pay for them. Improving on the stock suspension is not too difficult.

When the sales guy told me that the first valve adjust isn't due until 24k, that sealed the deal. And I didn't even get to test ride it...

Rob2222

Reaction score
www.rob2222.de
After riding some dirt and a sport bike the FZ6 is just perfect. Sporty, sexy underseat exhaust, nice to look at with the half fairing, easy to drive, comfortablle. I really really like this bike!

BR Robert