• Rascal Scooter for old people

Votes: 46 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no strong opinion one way or another about it, if somebody wants one for whatever reason, more power to them. With that said, I know they are meant for recreation and efficiency is a secondary concern, but the things get _horrible_ gas mileage. There is a test of the 2011 RS-S model in the September issue of Rider magazine, their high/average/low numbers were 26.4/26.2/25.6 mpg. Range on a 6.6 galalon tank only 172 miles!

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine rode one similar to the t-rex not sure what brand it was I just saw the aftermath and herd the story but basicly he was drinking and asked his friend if he could take it for a spin so he and someone else hoped on with no helmet and took off went around a turn and threw the passanger off and while the passenger was trying to cling on to him he ended up flooring it and drove it through a chain link fence, when he hit the fence the throttle was still stuck wide open and the fence knocked him halfway off the trike but his foot got hung up on something and it continued to go wide open for about a half a mile through a field dragging him face down across the dirt until his foot came free right before it flipped. I saw pictures of the fence, and the trike and dont know how he survived. They also showed me pictures of his face and it was like something from a horror movie. I wont get into details but just imagine getting just your face drug across a field at 50mph backwards

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Crazy story, I think the point is to respect the machine and don't treat it like a toy...

I've seen a company that has conversion kits for snowmobiles to make them like this thing. I don't know I'd want to do it, but after talking with someone they said it only takes 8 hours to convert it back if you want to have fun in the snow again...

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I test rode one of these things, the more "sport" one, not the touring model. Very weird. The steering is very sensitive, lock to lock is very small, so when first starting out, I was weaving and darting all over the place. I can see how you could get into trouble quick. No countersteering of course. The lack of leaning is disconcerting, you feel like you are on a motorcycle, yet in the corner, it wants to throw you off the outside unless you really position your body on the inside. I can see the appeal if you are disabled,but otherwise, just too huge and cumbersome.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. Without being able to lean, even with two wheels in front, high speed turns are gonna be dicey. There's a reason why a car has a cage. Still, it looks safer than the Stallion Trike. How does it turn without rolling?

amd_drive1.jpg

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know man, all the old people I've talked to riding them seem to think they're awesome. Oh, and that one guy with back problems that needed a special back support to sit down.

When I hit that point, many years down the road, I'm getting one of these. The luggauge should be big enough for my walker even.

I agree. I talked to a guy yesterday that has a Goldwing trike, he use to ride 2 wheels but do to an ankle injury, he could not sustain the weight of the bike anymore. He explained to me that you have to buy the bike, the conversion, then the shop does the work.....over 30,000 grand into it. To me thats dedication to the love of riding.:thumbup:

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
The T-Rex is made in Quebec, and unfortunately isn't legal in Ontario because ontario won't give it the permit because it has a steering wheel but not 4 wheels.

Turning on the Spyder would be just like riding a snowmobile. Leaning to the inside. You can rail the corners good if you really hang to the inside, sometimes I'm far enough over on the sled that my outside boot is hooked on to the side of the seat and is what is keeping me onboard.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
"Snowmobile"?? :confused:

Yeah, one of these things:
[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ESiHmotUiY"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ESiHmotUiY[/ame]

If I was addicted to sleds more than bikes, I would probably have one of these too...

Thats my sled in the vid btw :rockon:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
By coincidence, I was following a Can-Am for about a half hour yesterday in my Subaru.
The Can-Am looks very awkward from the rear, very awkward indeed. You get the impression that the "rider" is not at all comfortable on this thing. It seems to wander quite a bit in its lane, so that must be the sensitive steering that's being reported. It really looked like a fish out of water, quite honestly, and I (along with everybody else in their cars) couldn't take my eyes off it. The rider looked like he was going to bin the thing at any moment. He had to do a sudden full-on stop at one set of traffic lights, and it seemed to pull up very stable and straight with very little drama. Acceleration seemed quite brisk, but again you could see that the rider was not really enjoying himself...he seemed very busy all the time. I would say that riding one would be more tiring than riding a bike by far.
I understand that Bombardier has already designed a model that will lean.....so let's see if that's an improvement or not. As it is now, I don't think I'd ever consider one. I'd drive a car before I'd ride a Can-Am.

Fireeater170

Reaction score
Visit site
My boss just bought one of these. They are truely a snowmobile with wheels! The RSS (sportier version)model is pretty potent and for the right person they sure do have their place. My vote is for a snowmobile/ bike hybrid!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
My response wasn't an option -

A wannabe motorcycle for wealthy people too lazy to learn how to ride.

I love the commercials with the Yuppy looking couple putting on the leather and hitting the road with their "riding buddies", giving the low-down peace sign to bikers passing the other way. Sooo hard core. I picture them cruising into a road side biker bar and getting beat up.

:Flip:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw a T-Rex while i was in Alex Bay 1000 Islands
attachment.php

Apparently the ladies love it (see pic). However i walked down to the pier and saw (for the second year in a row) my dream car, always has been always will be until i own one :
attachment.php

When i'm old enough where a trike is an option, i think i'll be driving the latter, with a bald head and liver spots with a huge smile on my face :D

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I get to the point I think I would buy a 6 year old convertible C6 Corvette for the same price as the RT....

The T-Rex is an awesome machine, it is powered by a Kawi ZX14 engine.. It also starts at $54,000. Think I would buy a brand new Corvette on that one....

Last edited:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw a T-Rex while i was in Alex Bay 1000 Islands
attachment.php

Apparently the ladies love it (see pic). However i walked down to the pier and saw (for the second year in a row) my dream car, always has been always will be until i own one :
attachment.php

When i'm old enough where a trike is an option, i think i'll be driving the latter, with a bald head and liver spots with a huge smile on my face :D

The amount of money floating (pardon the pun) around the 1000 Islands is disgusting!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
The amount of money floating (pardon the pun) around the 1000 Islands is disgusting!

I agree, last year i stayed in Clayton for 5 days and Corvettes were the norm.
I probably saw over 200 Vettes 99% of them were newer ones, only saw a couple old kinds... Lots of Challengers and Camaros (all new) too. Only one Lamborghini Diablo though :thumbup: