What year, how many miles, and how long have you had your FZ?

benjfoster

Reaction score
Visit site
Ill start off, I bought a new 2008 last spring. 2000 very reliable miles so far, would be more if I didnt have to put it away for the winter a couple months ago!

I traded up from the FZ6 on June 6th, 2009 and got the 2009 FZ1. I've got just shy of 7,000 miles on her in this past season. She's never failed me yet!

2008, Purchased Oct 08. 15200 miles so far. Got a new Triumph 675 the miles are being split now but I love my FZ6!!

2006, had since Nov 17 this year. Had 2882 mile to start and I only put 110 miles on her so far. Weather thus far has been too cold for much riding, Although tomorrow should be 46F and partly sunny. I am out there for sure

Purchased my nearly new (2200kms) 07 FZ6 in February 09. Since then I've put on 24,000kms. Best bike I've ever ridden - just love it!

bought new in August 08 1100 miles so far..but in my defence it has been for sale at a bike dealer for half of this year

Picked up my '06 February 1st, 2007. She's got right around 16,000 miles and I've never had one problem out of her. The first year, I put between 4000-5000 miles on her that was mostly commuting. But the last two years, I think I've only commuted a total of about 10 times. I've gotten completely submersed in sport-riding (twisties) and that's where most of the other 10k-11k miles have come from.

Sure, I check out other bikes and lust over other bikes, but at the end of the day, she was my first love and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. She does everything I want and never gives me a problem.

I am, however, giving her a facelift this winter. Yep, she's going naked with the Buell headlight. I've been waiting until after the holidays to get started, so it won't be long now!

Bought my '05 in August of '05..... 25K and change to date, no mechanical issues at all. The only gripe(s) I have are the buffeting from the wind screen, and the OEM seat foam has packed up and is now painful to sit for more than 30 minutes or so.

I should also mention the suspension has been upgraded at both ends, and the dual headlight mod has been applied.

Now it stops and starts really well, and I have a decent chance of seeing where I am going.

I had a local shop do the fork and replaced the rear shock with an Ohlins.

The shop GP Suspension > The Cutting Edge In Motorcycle Suspension recommended against using disc emulators in the fork.

Instead, they welded up the valving holes in cup at the bottom of the fork, changed out the fluid to Ohlins 10wt and installed .9Kg straight rate springs. Their experience on multiple tracks has given them more insight on this than I have, so I agreed to have them do it this way instead. Seems a lot of FJR riders come down from Canada to have this service done at their shop.... mine was the first FZ6 they had serviced; but the fork is extremely close between the two. The leakage past the seals in the cup provide adequate rebound control, and I have no complaints with the work on the fork.

The Ohlins was ordered with the correct spring for my weight, and I had them set it up with 10mm extra ride height.

Static sag is now the ~20mm at both ends as it should be, rather than the 2" that happened with the OEM setup. The fork is much, much, much better than OEM. Nearly zero dive until you really start hauling down on the brakes. The chassis is much more precise in holding it's line, and there is pretty much zero vagueness out of the front end.

The rear is much better. I ride on some rough choppy pavement, and the only way to deal with that with the OEM shock was to have it maxxed out on preload. Made for some sh*tty action, but at least it was predictible.

Now, it's stable, and runs on rails. I can carry at least 10 MPH more through the roughest stuff, and easily 20 + on more open roadways.

I got my 2008 FZ6 Cobalt Blue two days after my return from Iraq. On 29 Aug 2008 I was rolling off the dealer lot with me new baby. I now have over 12,500 miles and I am hating the fact that I can't ride everyday now (cold, snow).

Mine's still "new". I got an '09 in late September and I only have 900 miles on it. I love it better than any bike that I've ever owned, (or ridden)!
(The dealer where I bought it still has one new one left, a blue one!)

Back