Where to mount pathBlazer modulator?

adberns

Reaction score
Visit site
I am finally getting around to installing my Kisan pathBlazer on my 2007 FZ6. It has a little control unit that the manual says to Velcro somewhere on the bike. For those unfamiliar, there are two plug-ins that go "in-line" between the bike's wiring and the headlight bulbs. I like a clean install look, though, and so I want to be careful (a) where I mount it, and (b) how I mount it. I know I can mount it, it's just a matter of cleanly doing it.

So:
(1) Where would you mount the unit? A picture of it is below, you can see it's relative small size and also the short amount of wiring to work with. Again, the prongs go between the bike's wiring and the headlight.

2012-06-16%252015.12.53.jpg

(2)How would you attach it? Use the supplied Velcro pad? Zip tie? Something cooler/cleaner/stronger?

Edit: The piece I'm wondering what to mount is the rectangular box at the end of the wiring, not the prongs. Obviously the prongs can only go in one place!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're going to love the modulator! Don't be surprised when some of the cagers get confused with you with an emergency vehicle and yield to you by actually pulling over to the side.

I just velcroed the box underneath the front of the fairing. Let me know how the prongs fit on your headlights, I had difficutly matching them into the socket, they weren't lined up correctly.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're going to love the modulator! Don't be surprised when some of the cagers get confused with you with an emergency vehicle and yield to you by actually pulling over to the side.

I just velcroed the box underneath the front of the fairing. Let me know how the prongs fit on your headlights, I had difficutly matching them into the socket, they weren't lined up correctly.

Kenny,
So you have this unit and its still working after 777777 miles???

Tks in advance. . .

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Kenny,
So you have this unit and its still working after 777777 miles???

Tks in advance. . .

bump . . .