Why the FZ6 hate in bike media?

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I did pretty much the same thing. Stopped at the dealership after my third rotor burned out the on 750 and spotted it. Sporty, raised handlebars, comfortable seat.... It was sitting between an R1 and a full sized Bandit.

The dealer looked at me like I was nuts when I said I wanted to ride it. Had to explain that I wasn't buying anything I couldn't ride. Still wish I had test ridden the CB1100 first. That's another sport-standard that will end up getting crap reviews from all the mags because it's not over-specialized.

CB1100

Crashz28

Reaction score
Visit site
its not an R6, its not supposed to be. its supposed to be slower, with cheaper more plush suspension? why would yamaha build 2 of the same bike model? why does everybody seem to miss this point on "standards".

One of the most commom mods is the R6 front forks yes the bike is a standard but alot of people wanted more of a street fighter!

By what you are saying the Triumph Street Triple R and the Daytona 675 are the same bike but they are not!

A bike with a more standard seating position will ride different than a full supersport I have had plenty of supersports to know that!

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Meh, the original topic made sense but got all sideways based on an off-topic comment. I'm guity of it too. My image-rider / moped stabs could have just as easily derailed the conversation train.

null_zpsaac2b844.jpg

It happens. I would also suggest:

null_zpsbb4bc9a7.jpg

So the only reason for anyone to slate the bike is because its neither a 160+hp death machine, or an all day tourer? That seems reasonable. Normal people need a normal bike. An this one does that. As well as being fast, as well as looking awesome, as well as being solidly built, etc, etc.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Well what do you know? I found it:

null_zps6bbe0d0c.jpg

For those unable to view pics:

MCN said:
The Bad Yams
"Yamaha, creator of the RD350LC, TRD250 and YZF-R1 and considered to be one of the most innovative manufacturers, have for the last few years filled their range with little more then 'Japanese universal motorcycles' like the FZ6, left, while old models such as the TDM900, right, still linger in the official 2013 model range."

Despite giving it good reviews:

MCN said:
MCN overall verdict
After the (hugely popular) old Fazer 600 failed to meet new EU emissions laws in 2003, Yamaha came up with this new alternative and it slots perfectly into the modern market. The Yamaha FZ6 Fazer looks sharp, has a brilliant motor, excellent handling and offers huge versatility. Towns, twisties and long treks… it can do it all. A great all-rounder.

It doesn't say who wrote the article, but I reckon they're a bit of a nob.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Typical motorcycle mag writing style - every bike actually gives them the opportunity for at least four articles: one bashing it, one giving it accolades, one comparing it to similar bikes, and one "remember when?" article. After that they can recycle those as needed to fill space where they couldn't sell advertisements.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since the article doesn't state any specific criticisms (other than "it's boring"), I wouldn't be too worried about it.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
When I'e picked up magazines or read online about bike ratings or Top 10 lists, the FZ6 either never features at all or gets slagged off as being a bike that tried to be something great but never made it. I'm like "what?!". My FZ6 is a dream. I'd buy it over and over again, I just love it, especially for my height too.